LOVEFEST III: REVENGE OF THE FEST (THEME: CHANCE)

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Stelpa
Citizen

Re: LOVEFEST III: REVENGE OF THE FEST

Post by Stelpa »

timmeh42 wrote:How many theme suggestions you got so far? Need more?
I could always use more! :)
Nixola wrote:Are custom LÖVE builds allowed? (Just asking)
If it's a deviation from what comes with a standard Löve installation, specify what it is and how to get things setup properly in the comments. Keep in mind though, if people cannot play your game because of hassle, setup time, or technical problems then they *probably* wont vote for you :roll:
Robin wrote:And are entries required to be SELÖVE-compatible?
See above :nyu:
Nixola
Inner party member

Post by Nixola »

I think the only difference between SELÖVE and LÖVE is that SELÖVE has no acces to Lua's IO library
lf = love.filesystem
ls = love.sound
la = love.audio
lp = love.physics
lt = love.thread
li = love.image
lg = love.graphics
Qcode
Party member

Post by Qcode »

Qcode wrote: EDIT: Oh, and can I still participate if I'm the only lover in the group?
Nixola
Inner party member

Post by Nixola »

Entrants (singular users or groups) will have 2 weeks to create and submit their works based on a vague basic theme decided by yours truly (message me theme suggestions if you are interested).
lf = love.filesystem
ls = love.sound
la = love.audio
lp = love.physics
lt = love.thread
li = love.image
lg = love.graphics
Stelpa
Citizen

Post by Stelpa »

Okeydokey peoples, the fest will begin in a few days, I will give a day's notice when I have decided on exactly when to begin the fest-ivities :)
Stelpa
Citizen

Post by Stelpa »

Stelpa wrote:Okeydokey peoples, the fest will begin in a few days, I will give a day's notice when I have decided on exactly when to begin the fest-ivities :)
Here we go: The fest shall begin (and the theme will be announced) at 22:00:00 (10 PM), October 25, UTC. Convert this to your timezone by clicking here.

See you then! :)
substitute541
Party member

Post by substitute541 »

Stelpa wrote:
Stelpa wrote:Okeydokey peoples, the fest will begin in a few days, I will give a day's notice when I have decided on exactly when to begin the fest-ivities :)
Here we go: The fest shall begin (and the theme will be announced) at 22:00:00 (10 PM), October 25, UTC. Convert this to your timezone by clicking here.

In my time, it will begin at 6:00 AM at October 26... and today, it's October 25 in the morning.

Edit : It's noon...
Last edited by substitute541 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Currently designing themes for WordPress.

Sometimes lurks around the forum.
Stelpa
Citizen

Post by Stelpa »

substitute541 wrote:
Stelpa wrote:

In my time, it will begin at 6:00 AM at October 26... and today, it's October 25 in the morning.
Well, you have two weeks to work/submit, so I doubt that people in differing timezones will have that big of a disadvantage :s

EDIT: if you are saying that i was mistaken in saying "October 25" in the previous post, no, I was saying that, in UTC, the contest begins at 10 PM, October 25th. In your timezone the day might be different though.
substitute541
Party member

Post by substitute541 »

Stelpa wrote:
substitute541 wrote: In my time, it will begin at 6:00 AM at October 26... and today, it's October 25 in the morning.
Well, you have two weeks to work/submit, so I doubt that people in differing timezones will have that big of a disadvantage :s

EDIT: if you are saying that i was mistaken in saying "October 25" in the previous post, no, I was saying that, in UTC, the contest begins at 10 PM, October 25th. In your timezone the day might be different though.
No, I am not saying that you made a mistake. I just said that October 25 10 PM UTC is different in my timezone (like I said, October 26 6 AM PHT).
Currently designing themes for WordPress.

Sometimes lurks around the forum.
Nixola
Inner party member

Post by Nixola »

It starts at midnight here, Italy
lf = love.filesystem
ls = love.sound
la = love.audio
lp = love.physics
lt = love.thread
li = love.image