Post your desktop! :o)

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
walesmd
Prole

Re: Post your desktop! :o)

Post by walesmd »

Hell yeah - free copies of Windows 7 Beta! I have some pics from it somewhere, when I say "Windows 7 House Party" read "a bunch of friends sitting around, getting drunk and playing Nintentdo Wii" :D
nevon
Commander of the Circuloids

Post by nevon »

walesmd wrote:when I say "Windows 7 House Party" read "a bunch of friends sitting around, getting drunk, playing Nintentdo Wii and scamming Microsoft for a couple of Windows 7 licenses." :D
Fixed it for you. ;) That does sound a lot better though.
arquivista
No longer with us

Post by arquivista »

kikito wrote:I recognize that Ikea chair.
Wow, it's remarkable how you can identify a chair brand when the photo's chair was so dark and fuzzy. For me only seems one of that "generic" chairs that could be any brand. Usually is the type of cheap chair that I prefer buy at Staples than Ikea since is even cheaper. And well, he is Swedish, Ikea's is in Nevon's "blood", he probably must have a lot more of Ikea's furniture. Even I not being a swedish have an Ikea 2,5km distance of my home.
Anyway you have good eyes kikito (or are playing too much Sims Ikea expansion). :D

PS - I love the irony of Mao's clock facing and contempling the new swedish mass-production capitalism.
--------------------------------------------------------
To Do: Insert Signature Here
nevon
Commander of the Circuloids

Post by nevon »

arquivista wrote:And well, he is Swedish, Ikea's is in Nevon's "blood", he probably must have a lot more of Ikea's furniture. Even I not being a swedish have an Ikea 2,5km distance of my home.
I do have quite a bit of IKEA furniture. However, now that I've moved, the nearest IKEA is 400km away, right at the border to Finland. :(

And yes, Kikito must have freakishly good eyesight.
kikito
Inner party member

Post by kikito »

And yes, Kikito must have freakishly good eyesight.
As a matter of fact, since the operation my eyesight is better than the average (105% !) :D

But seriously, it wasn't hard for me to identify the chair because:
  • I used the same model for the last 2 years, until recently, when I decided it was time to 'upgrade'
  • My girlfriend, who doesn't sit on her computer nearly as much as I do, still has hers (we bought two). I only had to look to my left side and compare with the picture.
When I write def I mean function.
arquivista
No longer with us

Post by arquivista »

nevon wrote:I do have quite a bit of IKEA furniture. However, now that I've moved, the nearest IKEA is 400km away, right at the border to Finland. :(
Lol, that's bad, you seem to be like a kind of "exiled" and I'm almost feeling more swedish than you since I have 3 Ikea shops closer than the nearest one to you! :D
Besides the closest 2,5km Ikea shop, I have another 5km away and even another about 340km. But anyway your country is much much vast than mine (Portugal) so this strange weird things can happen.
To Do: Insert Signature Here
zac352
Party member

Post by zac352 »

I have never seen an IKEA furniture store in my life. When I first found out about IKEA on the sims, I thought it was another imaginary company. :P
walesmd wrote:Hell yeah - free copies of Windows 7 Beta! I have some pics from it somewhere, when I say "Windows 7 House Party" read "a bunch of friends sitting around, getting drunk and playing Nintentdo Wii" :D
Free windows... Sounds impossible. :P

I have 4 working computers in my house. One has vista, one is new (but lags for some reason) with 7, one has xp and fedora, and mine has fedora.

I will be installing ubuntu when my disc arrives. I will be getting a laptop sometime early next year. (It's hard for a 15 year old to get money, you know. :3 )
kikito wrote:As a matter of fact, since the operation my eyesight is better than the average (105% !) :D
1: "operation"?
2: Your avatar oddly fits with that statement. :P
Hello, I am not dead.
walesmd
Prole

Post by walesmd »

(but lags for some reason)
Odd, I honestly believe Windows 7 is the best product Redmond has released in a long time. I'm not an M$ fan boy by any means but this truly is a great operating system - it's what Vista should have been.

Fedora is an excellent distro but you are also serving yourself well by getting some Ubuntu discs. Personally, if I am going Linux, I am either going Ubuntu or I am going Mint (which is based off of Ubuntu but is much more lenient in terms of legalities and "free" software).
zac352
Party member

Post by zac352 »

walesmd wrote:
(but lags for some reason)
Odd, I honestly believe Windows 7 is the best product Redmond has released in a long time. I'm not an M$ fan boy by any means but this truly is a great operating system - it's what Vista should have been.

Fedora is an excellent distro but you are also serving yourself well by getting some Ubuntu discs. Personally, if I am going Linux, I am either going Ubuntu or I am going Mint (which is based off of Ubuntu but is much more lenient in terms of legalities and "free" software).
I do say that 7 is better than vista.
The most annoying part is how evil it is to developers. I spent 3 hours figuring out how to add .LOVE to the registry without it giving me some error telling me to do exactly what I just did.
Hello, I am not dead.
Tesselode
Party member

Post by Tesselode »

Whatever happened to posting desktops in this thread?

I've been playing with Ubuntu recently, so here's what I've got at the moment: