LÖVE-JAM?

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
miko
Party member

Re: LÖVE-JAM?

Post by miko »

bartbes wrote:For the moment, I put flamejam up here.
I already added the 'test jam' discussed previously, so we can see if everything (and everyone) works.
Great, thanks!
bartbes wrote:I propose we show off our intros in the test jam, feel free to report any bugs or whatever in the site either here, in irc, or to me directly.
Can I "test" the site now (more than just registering), or should I wait until the jam is open? Because right now I can not upload code, or do anything else.

And yes, the intro idea is great. I have never done one before, so maybe it's time for it.
My lovely code lives at GitHub: http://github.com/miko/Love2d-samples
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

You can only add stuff during jams (and the test jam is one, of course), so just hold off and create an intro for the time being ;).
pancakepalace
Prole

Post by pancakepalace »

I'd love to participate. The jam and dates should be clearly announced on love2d.org's home page if possible.
Ensayia
Party member

Post by Ensayia »

It looks like the LOVEJam dates will be announced on their own page, and I believe I saw an option for e-mail notification when registering my account.

This 'Test Jam', will anyone be allowed to submit stuff or is it just a test to make sure everything is functioning alright?
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

Ensayia wrote:This 'Test Jam', will anyone be allowed to submit stuff or is it just a test to make sure everything is functioning alright?
Why are those mutually exclusive options? Both!
As I said, maybe it's a good idea if people submit their intro screens.
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

Site moved to http://love2d.org/jam.
waraiotoko
Prole

Post by waraiotoko »

If I submit a game will I be the odd man out then?
miko
Party member

Post by miko »

waraiotoko wrote:If I submit a game will I be the odd man out then?
If "testing" means alvo evaluating/voting for the entries, then it would be harder to compare, and you risk that your entry will be "out of theme", so braking the rules. But still, this is a testing, so who cares...

I would suggest putting a link from the love2d.org homepage to the jam section.

Can I have more entries per jam? Could not find the info. If so, maybe I'll do another one?

Edit: Also, I suggest changes to the rules, so the theme would be announced on the forum and Jam homepage also.
And I wonder, if the "packaging" step is needed for love packages? Maybe the love package entry should be mandatory?
My lovely code lives at GitHub: http://github.com/miko/Love2d-samples
kraftman
Party member

Post by kraftman »

I think the challenge for the first love jam should be to make a splash screen :P that way everyone would have to re-do theirs.
Taehl
Dreaming in associative arrays

Post by Taehl »

Hey, I wasn't warned or notified that the jam had started! It's supposed to send out emails or something, right? If not, I'd like a way to make it do so...

EDIT) Also, when trying to submit my .love, "Looks like PHP rolled over and died. This shouldn't happen.".
Last edited by Taehl on Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Earliest Love2D supporter who can't Love anymore. Let me disable pixel shaders if I don't use them, dammit!
Lenovo Thinkpad X60 Tablet, built like a tank. But not fancy enough for Love2D 0.10.0+.