The one application that makes you proud to be a user of it

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
qubodup
Inner party member

The one application that makes you proud to be a user of it

Post by qubodup »

This is a game (inside the forum.) This is also off topic.

The rule is:

Tell us about 1 (one) application, which you use and which you are proud of having found/having the chance of using/being able to use/being capable of using it.

I am proud of having found and decided to use Aqualung, which is the ONLY audio/media player, which was able to help me test-listen to sound effects and to check if music loops well.

You can use it to manipulate the to-be-looped area.

It plays gapless.

It plays without leaving gaps.

When you listen to music with this music player, there will not be any empty spaces between two tracks or between the end and the start of the track you're trying to loop.

It plays gapless.

It looks okay
aqua.png
aqua.png (89.51 KiB) Viewed 6247 times
It's cross-platform. (Which means that it's catholic and only has sex after marriage.)

Who wants to play?
Last edited by qubodup on Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
lg.newImage("cat.png") -- made possible by lg = love.graphics
-- Don't force fullscreen (it frustrates those who want to try your game real quick) -- Develop for 1280x720 (so people can make HD videos)
farvardin
Party member

Re: The one application that makes you proud to be a user of it

Post by farvardin »

this Aqualung looks cool, even if I don't really need to play music without gaps...

The one application I'd like to present and I'm proud to use is txt2tags. It's something I really couldn't live without because it's so conveniant. If you like Lua and especially Löve because it's all about KISS ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KISS_principle ), then you'll love txt2tags as well.

txt2tags is, as stated on the website:

/.../ a document generator. It reads a text file with minimal markup as **bold** and //italic// and converts it to the following formats: HTML / LaTeX / MoinMoin / ... (among others, and wikimedia soon)

It can also be used as a text preprocessor, allowing to use complex macros to get the output YOU want. I use it to create websites (with php), to write texts (LaTeX...), to store information with nice formatting (for ex. the source for the rules of my Löve work in progress : http://anamnese.online.fr/site2/txt2tag ... nfanon.t2t ), instead of the ugly html ou even uglier LaTeX syntax.

http://txt2tags.sourceforge.net/
rude
Administrator

Post by rude »

sndrec32 - Best app evahr.

• Amazing GUI.
  • A feature set hitherto unseen in any audio processing application.
  • Mindblowing effects.
  • Great sound mixing features.
  • Extremely useful green-on-black wave visualization.
(Yes, this was a joke.)
Sardtok
Party member

Post by Sardtok »

Well, if you want a decent alternative to rude's Winbl0wz sound recorder (yes, I know it was a joke),
then I recommend Audacity, which probably everyone already has and uses.
But it's such a kick ass sound recording and editing tool, that it can't go unlisted.
Lots of filters, if you need those, support for a lot of audio formats, can use multiple tracks, uhm, lots more stuff.
I would say it's the best free, cross-platform sound editor available. If you are on Windows, and you don't mind being bugged by shareware messages, then GoldWave is a good alternative, although I haven't used that in years, should be easy to find.
Take off every Zigg for great rapist.
Now, outgay that!
Kaze
Party member

Post by Kaze »

Opera! Best browser ever.
Xfcn
Citizen

Post by Xfcn »

Applications are things that I use until something better comes along. I rarely have an app that is a must-have on any machine. GIMP sort of falls into that category, I guess. But if something better came along I'd ditch it in a nano-second.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke
qubodup
Inner party member

Post by qubodup »

Sardtok wrote:Well, if you want a decent alternative to rude's Winbl0wz sound recorder (yes, I know it was a joke),
then I recommend Audacity, which probably everyone already has and uses.
But it's such a kick ass sound recording and editing tool, that it can't go unlisted.
Lots of filters, if you need those, support for a lot of audio formats, can use multiple tracks, uhm, lots more stuff.
I would say it's the best free, cross-platform sound editor available. If you are on Windows, and you don't mind being bugged by shareware messages, then GoldWave is a good alternative, although I haven't used that in years, should be easy to find.
Hmm... that doesn't sound very proud.. and what about this "weeeel if you reeeeaaally waaaaant, you could use gw I gueees" ;P. Also 1 != 2
Xfcn wrote:Applications are things that I use until something better comes along. I rarely have an app that is a must-have on any machine. GIMP sort of falls into that category, I guess. But if something better came along I'd ditch it in a nano-second.
I guess you're not allowed to post here then ^^

Don't touch your posts, I'm just kidding. Look at this smiley face to get convinced! :D
lg.newImage("cat.png") -- made possible by lg = love.graphics
-- Don't force fullscreen (it frustrates those who want to try your game real quick) -- Develop for 1280x720 (so people can make HD videos)