ZeroBrane Studio Lua IDE v1.30 is out; updated LÖVE API for 0.10.0

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Wrinkliez
Prole

Re: ZeroBrane Studio Lua IDE v1.30 is out; updated LÖVE API for 0.10.0

Post by Wrinkliez »

just here to say that i love zerobrane :) the live coding feature is so convenient!
paulclinger
Party member

Post by paulclinger »

@Alexar, that's a clever idea with the colorpicker; thank you for sharing! You can probably improve it by taking into account the currently selected fragment to initialize the color and add onUnregister event to remove the control from the toolbar.

@Wrinkliez, happy you love it!
Wrinkliez
Prole

Post by Wrinkliez »

Hey man, so I've been tinkering around with Zerobrane, and I have a question. Is there a rhyme or rhythm to the brackets? Soemtimes they seem to end with the function, other times not so much (see below).

Keep up the great work!

paulclinger
Party member

Post by paulclinger »

@Wrinkliez, this is because folding is set by default to "compact", which means it includes empty lines after the end of block (if any). If you don't want that, set `editor.foldcompact = false` in the config; see here: https://studio.zerobrane.com/doc-editor ... ces#editor
pgimeno
Party member

Post by pgimeno »

I'm trying to debug a coroutine under LÖVE. I can set breakpoints in the main thread (meaning I've probably set up the debugger correctly), but not in the coroutine's thread. The program just doesn't stop there. Is this not supported?

Also, I don't have a LuaJIT option in Project > Lua Interpreter. Are there plans to support it in future?

I'm trying with ca291eff714d61cadc2a8531cd225f60611ce9d6 (current master as of this writing).
paulclinger
Party member

Post by paulclinger »

> I can set breakpoints in the main thread (meaning I've probably set up the debugger correctly), but not in the coroutine's thread. The program just doesn't stop there. Is this not supported?

It is supported, but requires telling the debugger that support is needed; you may check this section in the documentation: https://studio.zerobrane.com/doc-lua-de ... -debugging

> Also, I don't have a LuaJIT option in Project > Lua Interpreter. Are there plans to support it in future?

It's not needed, because it's no different from debugging of Lua 5.1 applications. In fact, ZeroBrane Studio itself is running using LuaJIT and it's the default interpreter used in debugging.
pgimeno
Party member

Post by pgimeno »

paulclinger wrote:It is supported, but requires telling the debugger that support is needed; you may check this section in the documentation: https://studio.zerobrane.com/doc-lua-de ... -debugging
It's under a CloudFlare firewall that blocks Tor so I can't read it directly. But I've found it by googling and then I could use the google cache to read it. Thank you.
It's not needed, because it's no different from debugging of Lua 5.1 applications. In fact, ZeroBrane Studio itself is running using LuaJIT and it's the default interpreter used in debugging.
Ah, good to know. The interpreter does make a difference sometimes, though, for example you may be using arg[] inside a function to access the function's variadic arguments. I guess that falls into the category of "don't do that".

Thanks for the help!
paulclinger
Party member

Post by paulclinger »

> It's under a CloudFlare firewall that blocks Tor so I can't read it directly. But I've found it by googling and then I could use the google cache to read it.

The entire site is also available in the repository: https://github.com/pkulchenko/ZeroBrane ... ging-works

> The interpreter does make a difference sometimes, though, for example you may be using arg[] inside a function to access the function's variadic arguments. I guess that falls into the category of "don't do that".

Right, there are some minor differences (for example, LuaJIT is more strict about string escapes), but they do fall under "don't do that" as you said ;).