ZeroBrane Studio Lua IDE v1.30 is out; updated LÖVE API for 0.10.0

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
paulclinger
Party member

ZeroBrane Studio Lua IDE v1.30 is out; updated LÖVE API for 0.10.0

Post by paulclinger »

I'm pleased to announce the release of ZeroBrane Studio Lua IDE v1.30. This release includes "markers" panel to manage all breakpoints and bookmarks from open files in one place, saving breakpoints/bookmarks between sessions, updated LÖVE API for 0.10.0, find/replace in selection, and other improvements. For those who missed the previous upgrade, v1.20 also included project-wide symbol search along with improvement in performance and memory usage.

The packages for Windows/OSX/Linux are available from the project website: http://studio.zerobrane.com/ ; the detailed changelog is linked next to the download link. Thank you for your support and feedback! Give this version a try and let me know how it works for you. Paul.
Last edited by paulclinger on Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
murks
Party member

Re: ZeroBrane Studio Lua IDE v1.30 is out; updated LÖVE API for 0.10.0

Post by murks »

Thanks Paul.
I love ZeroBrane Studio for its debugging and livecoding capabilites as well as your responsiveness to questions and suggestions.
SiENcE
Party member

Post by SiENcE »

Link is broken.

I also have to say thanks for having the ability to debug and livecode. Livecoding should be the future :).
Fenrir
Party member

Post by Fenrir »

Hey,

I just tried ZeroBrane as I'm quite interested by the debugging capabilities, but I can't manage to get breakpoints working on my project (it works without problems on the other löve samples provided). I open my main.lua, set the project directory to the file location and then launch with F5 but it just runs the game without stopping to the breakpoints I've set. Any idea what I'm missing?

Thanks!
paulclinger
Party member

Post by paulclinger »

@murks, thank you for the feedback!

@SiENcE, fixed the link; thanks.

@Fenrir, you are probably missing starting the debugger in your code; check the link that @SiENcE has posted as it provides an example on how this is done or open myprograms/LOVE-sample/hello/main.lua to see the sample code included with the IDE (look for "require("mobdebug").start()" in the love.load method).
Fenrir
Party member

Post by Fenrir »

Thanks I totally missed it! It works! But I'm getting 1FPS... I'll try to see if I can improve it...
paulclinger
Party member

Post by paulclinger »

@Fenrir, this can definitely happen on complex games, as the debugger needs to run its hook logic on every Lua statement. The simplest way to mitigate this is to "bracket" the code fragment you want to debug into on/off calls that will only enable debugging for that fragment and will keep the performance at the "normal" level for all other code. Check the last section on the live-coding page (http://notebook.kulchenko.com/zerobrane ... -with-love) and this section on turning debugging on/off in the documentation (https://studio.zerobrane.com/doc-lua-de ... off-and-on).
Last edited by paulclinger on Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fenrir
Party member

Post by Fenrir »

Thanks it's working great! I think I'll have quite some fun with the live coding capabilities! :)
Alexar
Party member

Post by Alexar »

thanks! I love this ide!
I hope someone could write a plugin to the management of requirement of the libs. we can use them like build in functions and auto pack them on building.
and here is a little plugin I wrote , a color picker.
colorpicker.lua
(829 Bytes) Downloaded 197 times