Is löve2d good to make mobile games?

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Post Reply
ozergul
Prole
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:08 am

Is löve2d good to make mobile games?

Post by ozergul » Thu May 19, 2016 9:53 pm

Hi
I am 2d mobile game maker and actually bored from Unity3D. It is so heavy but easy to handle visual objects.

I tried löve2d and realiesed that is so good and perfect for 2d game making.

My question is löve2d is appropriate frameworks for mobile(android and ios)?

User avatar
Sulunia
Party member
Posts: 201
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:10 pm
Location: SRS, Brazil

Re: Is löve2d good to make mobile games?

Post by Sulunia » Fri May 20, 2016 12:08 am

For iOS, it takes a bit of work to make things run on it.
As for android (with a few changes), raspberry pi, windows, linux, macOS... You code once and run everywhere.

So, yes, very appropriate.

You can find some info here: https://love2d.org/wiki/Getting_Started
Don't check my github! It contains thousands of lines of spaghetti code in many different languages cool software! :neko:
https://github.com/Sulunia

ozergul
Prole
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:08 am

Re: Is löve2d good to make mobile games?

Post by ozergul » Tue May 24, 2016 8:54 pm

Sulunia wrote:For iOS, it takes a bit of work to make things run on it.
As for android (with a few changes), raspberry pi, windows, linux, macOS... You code once and run everywhere.

So, yes, very appropriate.

You can find some info here: https://love2d.org/wiki/Getting_Started
I am not sure about because mobile testing a bit torture. Are there any easy way for mobile test(android)?

User avatar
Davidobot
Party member
Posts: 1182
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:18 am
Location: Cambridge, UK
Contact:

Re: Is löve2d good to make mobile games?

Post by Davidobot » Wed May 25, 2016 6:00 am

ozergul wrote: I am not sure about because mobile testing a bit torture. Are there any easy way for mobile test(android)?
You can program the game in LOVE and run it as a desktop app. Then once you got something worth stress-testing, you can use the LOVE android app and just transfer the files over to your phone and launch it from that app, without having to compile it to an .APK.
My projects: Raycaster, love.js v11.3 port
itch page: link
My website: link
My library: LovelyMoon

ozergul
Prole
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:08 am

Re: Is löve2d good to make mobile games?

Post by ozergul » Wed May 25, 2016 11:25 am

Davidobot wrote:
ozergul wrote: I am not sure about because mobile testing a bit torture. Are there any easy way for mobile test(android)?
You can program the game in LOVE and run it as a desktop app. Then once you got something worth stress-testing, you can use the LOVE android app and just transfer the files over to your phone and launch it from that app, without having to compile it to an .APK.
My phone is xiaomi red mi note 3 and I cant open .love file with love android app..

User avatar
Nixola
Inner party member
Posts: 1941
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:11 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Is löve2d good to make mobile games?

Post by Nixola » Wed May 25, 2016 11:48 am

ozergul wrote:My phone is xiaomi red mi note 3 and I cant open .love file with love android app..
My phone (Nexus 6) doesn't do that on its own either. I have to use a third-party file manager (ES File Explorer is one which works) to open .love files with LÖVE.
lf = love.filesystem
ls = love.sound
la = love.audio
lp = love.physics
lt = love.thread
li = love.image
lg = love.graphics

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 10 guests