Emacs Minor Mode for LÖVE

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
ejmr
Party member

Emacs Minor Mode for LÖVE

Post by ejmr »

It is not much at the moment, but am I working on a minor mode for GNU Emacs to help with creating LÖVE-based games:

https://github.com/ejmr/love-minor-mode

I will be expanding it with features I find useful as I work on my own game project. Any feature requests and bug reports will be very welcome over on the Github page. Just wanted to share this for any other LÖVE developers out there using Emacs.
ejmr :: Programming and Game-Dev Blog, GitHub
南無妙法蓮華經
kungfushark
Prole

Re: Emacs Minor Mode for LÖVE

Post by kungfushark »

How do you install this? I tried the instructions in the file, but they didn't work.

Edit: Nevermind, it works, but I can't use any of the commands, like C-c C-o p. As soon I type in C-c C-o, it says it is undefined.
ejmr
Party member

Post by ejmr »

Sorry, but I can't replicate the error. Please double-check that the minor mode is enabled via 'M-x love-minor-mode', since it adds a hook to lua-mode to automatically enable itself when it thinks you're editing a file of LÖVE-related code, but the method it uses is not bullet-proof, so it may be failing to activate. Also what version of Emacs are you using and on what platform? ('C-h C-a' will tell you.) That might help me in dupilcating the problem on my end.
ejmr :: Programming and Game-Dev Blog, GitHub
南無妙法蓮華經
lex
Prole

Post by lex »

I have same problem ..but the main problem from my end is that can't tell I 'm using Lua..
emacs 22.1.1 I'm on an actual macbook pro can someone help me how to install it
https://immerrr.github.io/lua-mode/

at least for emacs to know I'm using it.
M-x list-package[no match] I get this answer when I try to see the packages
HELP~ all I want is for emacs to know I am using lua