My .love file

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
ElectronicMilo
Prole

My .love file

Post by ElectronicMilo »

Hi i made a .love file and dragged it in the love.app and then it started up perfectly but when i change something in the main.lua and i do the same thing so drag the .love file in the love.app the screen hasnt changed. so do i have to make a new .love file over and over again or is there another way how the .love changes with my main.lua.
Qcode
Party member

Re: My .love file

Post by Qcode »

Unless you access the contents inside the .love by using a third party application like winzip you'll need to keep making new .love files. Alternatively you can test via dragging the folder your game contains onto the love binary, or create a batch file to run the game for you.
BoopDeePoop
Prole

Post by BoopDeePoop »

If you're on Windows you can just make a folder with main.lua inside and drag the folder ontop of the LOVE.exe shortcut or whatever and it will run each time.
Codex
Party member

Post by Codex »

If you are using notepad ++, there is something you can do where you press one of the f(num) keys to execute the file to love. It's buried in the forum somewhere here, might take me a while to find it.
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

This fella is using OS X. You should be able to just drag the folder that contains your main.lua on love.app.
Help us help you: attach a .love.