Compiling on OS-X

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
erbal
Prole

Compiling on OS-X

Post by erbal »

Hi, i've been messing around with Love a bit recently, and am really enjoying the experience, but I'd like to implement some custom functionality for a game I am working on. I downloaded the generic source code from bitbucket and right now am trying to get it to compile on my mac. I'm trying to get the project to build from the Xcode project included, but it seems like there are lot of framework dependancies which I don't have, and am not sure how to get. I checked out most of the websites for these frameworks and got a few, but as for ones like mpg123, and freetype, it seems like the only way to get them is build your own from source, and this I don't know how to do. Am I horribly over complicating things? Is there some better option for building from source? And if not, any tips on how I should try and build these dependancies as frameworks?
Thanks.
bmelts
Party member

Re: Compiling on OS-X

Post by bmelts »

You can get a .zip of the frameworks here. (I think these are all functional - if your compiled LÖVE crashes, yell at me and I'll get a fixed version uploaded.)

Just put them all in /Library/Frameworks and you should be set.
erbal
Prole

Re: Compiling on OS-X

Post by erbal »

Ah! very helpful, thanks a lot.
I eventually got it to compile, though it took a bit of tweaking. There were a lot of references to freetype that were causing problems.... more specifically a lot of the Font headers were referencing ft2build.h as:

Code: Select all

#include <ft2build.h>
Xcode didn't seem to like this, and changing it to:

Code: Select all

#include <freetype/ft2build.h> 
resolved all the issues.