Extremely Strange Lock Up on Mac

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
BlackBulletIV
Inner party member

Extremely Strange Lock Up on Mac

Post by BlackBulletIV »

I've had Launcher completely freeze on me a couple times now. This time I decided to look at Console.app to see if LOVE had printed any error messages out to it. Sure enough it had printed out three:

Code: Select all

19/05/11 7:19:38 AM	love[68416]	*** __NSAutoreleaseNoPool(): Object 0x80ac00 of class NSPathStore2 autoreleased with no pool in place - just leaking
19/05/11 7:19:38 AM	love[68416]	*** __NSAutoreleaseNoPool(): Object 0x80ada0 of class NSPathStore2 autoreleased with no pool in place - just leaking
19/05/11 7:19:38 AM	love[68416]	*** __NSAutoreleaseNoPool(): Object 0xc02e20 of class NSCFArray autoreleased with no pool in place - just leaking
Not entirely sure what this means, but I can tell it's some sort of memory problem. Now the really strange part is that after about 4 minutes of being in a frozen state, it unfroze and the game continued. However the mouse coordinates that were getting fed to my game were 50-75 pixels further to right and around 30 or so pixels further down than where my mouse actually was.

Can make sense of this anjo (or anyone)?

EDIT: Argh it just happened again, although it didn't freeze for some reason; however it did do weird stuff with the mouse I think.
bmelts
Party member

Re: Extremely Strange Lock Up on Mac

Post by bmelts »

Are you using threads?
BlackBulletIV
Inner party member

Post by BlackBulletIV »

Nope.
bmelts
Party member

Post by bmelts »

Hm. Okay.

The weird thing is I've seen those messages before, they happen sometimes (my guess is it's a problem with SDL, though I don't know for sure), but they don't usually herald a freeze.

Can you post your .love?
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

The likely suspect would be love.audio.openal, wouldn't it?
BlackBulletIV
Inner party member

Post by BlackBulletIV »

Ok, here's a .love file (3.5 MB though, lol). As you may know, the controls are the clicking with the mouse to stick on surfaces; the greater the distance between the mouse and the player the more powerful the launch. Avoid red surfaces. Press the tilde key (~) to reset the game. A few other things to note are that the big "planet" has a gravity well, which will suck you in, and I've been experimenting with gravity switchers, and the current one switches gravity upwards and to the left, so watch out for that. Finally, you can use the keys to move the player around (for debugging purposes).
Attachments
launcher.love
(3.33 MiB) Downloaded 91 times
BlackBulletIV
Inner party member

Post by BlackBulletIV »

Interesting. I've noticed these messages appearing again (don't check all that often), but they're not resulting in a crash. Though, the last one occurred 4 seconds before the game crashed with a Box2D error. Have you had any luck with what it might be?

EDIT: Actually I seem to be getting every time I play the game.
BlackBulletIV
Inner party member

Post by BlackBulletIV »

Ok, I think this is a bug in LOVE. I was using particleedit.love (can't remember who made this) and it locked up completely, but no crash (just like my game), putting this error message out to Console.app:

Code: Select all

27/05/11 7:05:13 AM	love[84221]	*** __NSAutoreleaseNoPool(): Object 0x80ac00 of class NSPathStore2 autoreleased with no pool in place - just leaking
27/05/11 7:05:13 AM	love[84221]	*** __NSAutoreleaseNoPool(): Object 0x80ada0 of class NSPathStore2 autoreleased with no pool in place - just leaking
27/05/11 7:05:13 AM	love[84221]	*** __NSAutoreleaseNoPool(): Object 0xe02e90 of class NSCFArray autoreleased with no pool in place - just leaking
27/05/11 7:05:13 AM	[0x0-0xe0de0d].org.love2d.love[84221]	Warning, quality setting failed! (Result: buffers: 1, samples: 2)
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

That quality setting message is odd, I think I remember adding that for....FSAA. It shouldn't be related, but you never know..
BlackBulletIV
Inner party member

Post by BlackBulletIV »

Yeah it is. Note that doesn't print out on my game. If it helps, the lock up occurred when I moved a section of the window outside of my screen.

Also, what is FSAA?