SciApps - Help/ Staff needed

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
ZacharySciApps
Prole

SciApps - Help/ Staff needed

Post by ZacharySciApps »

• Staff Members Needed
  • The Following is wanted
      • Programmes
      • Graphics
      • Sound
For Programming it would be highly recommended to have some knowledge of scripting in LUA/ Love or even C/ C++ well just any Object Orientated Languages.

For Graphical Design you would need to be decent to have some experience with art (drawing/ graphics) 2D/ 3D Even though I would prefer 2D for LOVE.

For Sound you will need to know how to create brilliant sound pieces weather its background Music or sound effects.

I am currently by myself but I anyone is free to join,
A bit about me, I have experience with C, C++, C#, CSS, VB, UnrealScript, Java, JavaScript, HTML, SQL, ASP, ASPX, LUA, XML, XHTML, PHP and plenty more, I love Java and C# :megagrin: I have messed around with moparscape in the past, I am making a Home site for SciApps and need staff for this gaming company I lack funds for payment but whom ever decides to join this will have accomplished something just message me/ comment about joining :)
Taehl
Dreaming in associative arrays

Re: SciApps - Help/ Staff needed

Post by Taehl »

So what are you making?
Earliest Love2D supporter who can't Love anymore. Let me disable pixel shaders if I don't use them, dammit!
Lenovo Thinkpad X60 Tablet, built like a tank. But not fancy enough for Love2D 0.10.0+.
ZacharySciApps
Prole

Post by ZacharySciApps »

I am not really certain yet but I am considering an RPG/ Adeventure/ Puzzle game where the user has to interact with scenario with the mouse and move the player with the WASD keys etc :)
Taehl
Dreaming in associative arrays

Post by Taehl »

I think you'll find that people (especially experienced ones) are far more willing to join if you have a nice, big, thorough design document for them to read as well as a gameplay prototype. You may be surprised how often people pop up with nothing but a "I need team members to help me build an MMO" (or whatever, not just MMOs are subject to this), and, well, the results are pretty disenchanting.

Good luck with your company.
Earliest Love2D supporter who can't Love anymore. Let me disable pixel shaders if I don't use them, dammit!
Lenovo Thinkpad X60 Tablet, built like a tank. But not fancy enough for Love2D 0.10.0+.
josefnpat
Inner party member

Post by josefnpat »

If you are interested in working with, I agree with Taehl: Get a GDD.

http://www.sloperama.com/advice/specs.html
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/3 ... ument_.php
Missing Sentinel Software | Twitter

FORCIBLY IGNORED.
<leafo> when in doubt delete all of your code
<bartbes> git rm -r *
<bartbes> git commit -m "Fixed all bugs"
<bartbes> git push
tsturzl
Party member

Post by tsturzl »

ZacharySciApps wrote:I am not really certain yet but I am considering an RPG/ Adeventure/ Puzzle game where the user has to interact with scenario with the mouse and move the player with the WASD keys etc :)

Be a little more original than that...

You should really plan things out more before you start recruiting people.

Do you think people will listen to you if you said "I have a good idea, I just haven't thought of it yet"?

You've gotta give us something to go off of, and when it comes to games, too far fetched ideas should be left on first doubt or they can bring your project to a screeching halt, and originality is key in the indie game scene. It may be deceiving seeing all these indie games becoming so popular, but for each successful game there are plenty more clones, bad/unoriginal games, and poorly implemented games thrown on the indie corpse wagon.

Stop worrying about clones, unless you have an original idea. And give us something to go off of.

Not meaning to be judgmental, but I have a feeling you don't have enough experience, you should really look into doing some small games and projects by yourself first before you try and take off with a full blown development team.