Color Fading

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Azhukar
Party member

Re: Color Fading

Post by Azhukar »

YGOFreak1997 wrote:If I assign a table to another variable the this "new" table is just a reference to the old one?
Yes.

Even the following makes "T" a reference to a table.

Code: Select all

T={}
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

Yeah. This guide may be helpful. Please let me know whether it is helpful, what parts are confusing, things like that. That way I can improve on it!
Help us help you: attach a .love.
davisdude
Party member

Post by davisdude »

Your tutorial is fine (although the "Déjà Vu" thing at the top sort of annoys me, but there's nothing you can do about that).
I actually learned something from it! Do you mind if I steal your functions from there?
GitHub | MLib - Math and shape intersections library | Walt - Animation library | Brady - Camera library with parallax scrolling | Vim-love-docs - Help files and syntax coloring for Vim
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

davisdude wrote:the "Déjà Vu" thing at the top sort of annoys me, but there's nothing you can do about that
Yeah me too. One of these days, I'm going to put it up at my own website, and it'll use the right encoding in the headers instead of Latin-1. For now, I'll actually change the encoding of that file so that at least it looks good.
davisdude wrote:Do you mind if I steal your functions from there?
Not at all, go ahead!
Help us help you: attach a .love.
YGOFreak1997
Party member

Post by YGOFreak1997 »

Robin wrote:Yeah. This guide may be helpful. Please let me know whether it is helpful, what parts are confusing, things like that. That way I can improve on it!
Nicely done, I have to say. Even for me who is a bit slow in understanding things ^^ I like the visualizing of the tables and the explanations for memory handling of the whole thing. Also, you use the examples quite well (inception :P). I don't think there is much to criticize...

Greetings, Bastian
Also look at my LÖVE-Tutorial-Youtube-Channel (German ^^)
GitHub Repo: Click Me!
IndieDB: Or Maybe Me?

ÖBEY!