How to install on mac?

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
ZacG
Prole

How to install on mac?

Post by ZacG »

How do you install it on mac?
veethree
Inner party member

Re: How to install on mac?

Post by veethree »

The mac version doesn't have an installer. Doesn't really need one. You just download the mac .zip, Extract it, and then you can move the extracted file (love.app) to your applications folder. (or wherever you want)
ZacG
Prole

Post by ZacG »

veethree wrote:The mac version doesn't have an installer. Doesn't really need one. You just download the mac .zip, Extract it, and then you can move the extracted file (love.app) to your applications folder. (or wherever you want)
But then how do i know if it's worked, and how do i run it from a program like ZeroBrane?
s-ol
Party member

Post by s-ol »

ZacG wrote:
veethree wrote:The mac version doesn't have an installer. Doesn't really need one. You just download the mac .zip, Extract it, and then you can move the extracted file (love.app) to your applications folder. (or wherever you want)
But then how do i know if it's worked, and how do i run it from a program like ZeroBrane?
You know it worked when it work :awesome: - for example when you manage to open something you wrote (a little helloworld app) or an existing .love with it.

And zerobrane needs to be configured seperately: it is shown at the beginning of this video http://notebook.kulchenko.com/zerobrane ... -debugging

s-ol.nu /blog  -  p.s-ol.be /st8.lua  -  g.s-ol.be /gtglg /curcur

Code: Select all

print( type(love) )
if false then
  baby:hurt(me)
end
paulclinger
Party member

Post by paulclinger »

S0lll0s wrote:
ZacG wrote:But then how do i know if it's worked, and how do i run it from a program like ZeroBrane?
You know it worked when it work :awesome: - for example when you manage to open something you wrote (a little helloworld app) or an existing .love with it.

And zerobrane needs to be configured seperately: it is shown at the beginning of this video http://notebook.kulchenko.com/zerobrane ... -debugging
@ZacG, @S0lll0s is correct, you can configure ZeroBrane Studio to find the Love2d executable by setting path.love2d='/Applications/love.app/Contents/MacOS/love' in the config file ('Edit | Preferences | Settings: User'). This is also the folder that is recognized by ZBS by default, so if you install love2d into /Applications/love.app, you don't need to setup anything in ZBS and it will just work. You can follow the instructions in myprograms/love2d-samples/demo.lua to test on love2d examples that are included with ZBS. To access those files, go to "Show Package Contents" and then navigate to Contents/ZeroBraneStudio/myprograms. Paul.