Function argument expected ','

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
gravyferry
Prole

Function argument expected ','

Post by gravyferry »

I don't know what i've done here that doesnt work, I have an if function argument on the line that it's talking about.

Code: Select all

-- Collision detection
	if checkCollision(bullet.x, bullet.y, bullet.Img:getWidth(), bullet.Img:getHeight, player.x, player.y, player.Img:getWidth(), player.Img:getHeight()) then
		player.x = player.x + (10000)
		isAlive = false
	end	   	

if checkCollision(bullet.x, bullet.y, bullet.Img:getWidth(), bullet.Img:getHeight, player2.x, player2.y, player2.Img:getWidth(), player2.Img:getHeight()) then
		player2.x = player2.x + (10000)
		enemyAlive = false
	end	
end
the line it's talking about it the one directly under where it says collision detection.

edit: forgot the .love file
Attachments
Archive.love
(5.54 KiB) Downloaded 135 times
davisdude
Party member

Re: Function argument expected ','

Post by davisdude »

In both you're missing the () on the fist Img:getHieght. I can't test right now, but that may be the problem.
GitHub | MLib - Math and shape intersections library | Walt - Animation library | Brady - Camera library with parallax scrolling | Vim-love-docs - Help files and syntax coloring for Vim
TurtleP
Party member

Post by TurtleP »

davisdude wrote:In both you're missing the () on the fist Img:getHieght. I can't test right now, but that may be the problem.
Not just on the first, but the second. It's always good to have a second pair of eyes look at this stuff! ;)
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

TurtleP wrote:Not just on the first, but the second. It's always good to have a second pair of eyes look at this stuff! ;)
davisdude wrote:In both you're missing the () on the fist Img:getHieght. I can't test right now, but that may be the problem.
:3
Last edited by zorg on Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
TurtleP
Party member

Post by TurtleP »

zorg wrote:
TurtleP wrote:Not just on the first, but the second. It's always good to have a second pair of eyes look at this stuff! ;)
Well I seem to have misread that. My bad.
gravyferry
Prole

Post by gravyferry »

Oh oops, didn't notice that, thanks for saying it, and thanks to you too TurtleP for still being considerate, even if you were wrong.