love.system.openURL not opening directories [0.9.2 x86]

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
TurtleP
Party member

love.system.openURL not opening directories [0.9.2 x86]

Post by TurtleP »

Hi all,

Recently, I replaced os.execute in my error handler custom code to use love.system.openURL. It's supposed to be able to get to the directory of the error log and allow a user to send it to me for debugging purposes. However, I can't seem to open the directory. I do have "file://" as the first part then love.filesystem.getSaveDirectory() concatenated to that. When executed, it locks up Love and won't open the directory. I have tried the example on the wiki, and that also doesn't work.

I also do have 961 log files https://love2d.org/imgmirrur/2JfZVjQ.png and the error handler writes the file before you even click the "button" to open the path. The funny thing is, it WILL open an actual file (such as reading the error log by opening it in Sublime or Notepad). Any ideas on what's wrong?
bobbyjones
Party member

Re: love.system.openURL not opening directories [0.9.2 x86]

Post by bobbyjones »

Can your game use one log file? Deleting old data? If I see 900 logs on my pc I would be a little annoyed especially if I wasn't a programmer or any good with PCs lol.
s-ol
Party member

Post by s-ol »

TurtleP wrote:Hi all,

Recently, I replaced os.execute in my error handler custom code to use love.system.openURL. It's supposed to be able to get to the directory of the error log and allow a user to send it to me for debugging purposes. However, I can't seem to open the directory. I do have "file://" as the first part then love.filesystem.getSaveDirectory() concatenated to that. When executed, it locks up Love and won't open the directory. I have tried the example on the wiki, and that also doesn't work.

I also do have 961 log files https://love2d.org/imgmirrur/2JfZVjQ.png and the error handler writes the file before you even click the "button" to open the path. The funny thing is, it WILL open an actual file (such as reading the error log by opening it in Sublime or Notepad). Any ideas on what's wrong?
Does your error handler handle events? If it doesn't, LÖVE locking up is expected. Error handlers need to implement their own event loop, similar to love.run.

s-ol.nu /blog  -  p.s-ol.be /st8.lua  -  g.s-ol.be /gtglg /curcur

Code: Select all

print( type(love) )
if false then
  baby:hurt(me)
end
TurtleP
Party member

Post by TurtleP »

S0lll0s wrote:
TurtleP wrote:Hi all,

Does your error handler handle events? If it doesn't, LÖVE locking up is expected. Error handlers need to implement their own event loop, similar to love.run.
https://love2d.org/imgmirrur/QFaaxuH.png

This is what it handles. Not sure if I'm missing anything :|

openURL opens a .txt log just fine though when you click on the button to open it, however.