Install busted?

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Skeletonxf
Citizen

Install busted?

Post by Skeletonxf »

I tried to install busted and found it wanted me to get luarocks first which of course forced me to go get Lua before that but anyway when trying to run 'luarocks install busted' on the commandline to make luarocks actually install busted I just get an error saying "Parse error processing dependency 'lua_cliargs 2.3-3'"
I installed lua_cliargs 2.3-3 without any issues and I still get the same error when trying to install busted.
NickRock
Citizen

Re: Install busted?

Post by NickRock »

Busted supports Lua from 5.1and above and luajit from 2.0.0 and above, are you sure you have those?
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeooow!!
Skeletonxf
Citizen

Post by Skeletonxf »

My version of Lua is 5.1
I don't think I've downloaded Luajit
NickRock
Citizen

Post by NickRock »

Yeah, maybe that's the problem. Go download Luajit and test it out.
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeooow!!
Skeletonxf
Citizen

Post by Skeletonxf »

I'm really confused what to do with the source for Lua Jit. I figure I need to build it somehow but have no tools to do so with. I installed MinGW thinking it would be easy enough to build Lua Jit from there following this page http://luajit.org/install.html but I can't get command prompt to recognise mingw32-make as a command, even after trying to add it to my user path, whatever that is. Is there a more straightforward tool to build with?

Nvm I'm happy to use LuaUnit for now.