Forum Problems

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
bartbes
Sex machine

Re: Forum Problems

Post by bartbes »

I know, but look at math.sqrt!
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

Okay, but one can easily prepend "pdf-" to those, but no one can delete that extra added string if they would want to (easily) reference a chapter... the fact that it's not obvious that that needs to go there is another thing :v

I don't know which would be better to be honest.
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
Nixola
Inner party member

Post by Nixola »

How much logic can a bb-code have? Can phpbb figure out whether to prepend pdf-?
lf = love.filesystem
ls = love.sound
la = love.audio
lp = love.physics
lt = love.thread
li = love.image
lg = love.graphics
airstruck
Party member

Post by airstruck »

Nixola wrote:How much logic can a bb-code have? Can phpbb figure out whether to prepend pdf-?
Doesn't look like there's any such thing as "dynamic evaluation" when applying bbcode, it's just simple text replacement (at least, as set up in the admin control panel). As far as the Lua manual goes, it looks like "pdf-" only gets prepended to things that aren't section numbers, so if the thing doesn't start with a number it should get "pdf-" and otherwise it shouldn't.

I suppose you could cheat by using inline JS to figure this out and set window.location when those links are clicked (using onclick attribute instead of href). Or I guess you could have 2 manual tags with different names, one for section numbers and one for everything else.
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

You're a difficult lot. Here you go, section 2.3 and function string.find. I had to invoke some proper dark magic to get it to do this.

By the way, if you want to override the text of a section, you need to use [manual section=num]. example
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

I, for one, bow down to our arcane magician overlords. ^^

Edit: [manual section=2.4]doesn't like spaces[/manual]
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

That has now been fixed! With the extra bonus that [ manual=2.4 ] now works.

EDIT: With bonus [ wiki ] update: Version History
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

Yeah, it's 1am and i can't think of any more ways to break your noble efforts, so i'll call it a night. :3
Nixola
Inner party member

Post by Nixola »

zorg wrote: Yeah, it's 1am and i can't think of any more ways to break your noble efforts, so i'll call it a night. :3
No need to think.
bartbes wrote:string.find
This is broken, in the original post; the link is truncated to "#pdf-". (Sorry bartbes)
lf = love.filesystem
ls = love.sound
la = love.audio
lp = love.physics
lt = love.thread
li = love.image
lg = love.graphics
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

All 3 are in his original post, but as long as all new ones will work, that's a small/non-issue i think.

On the other hand, the reference arrows and user profile links from quotes might have vanished...