Help: Can't install Löve2D installer and Computer think installer is a virus.

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Positive07
Party member

Re: Help: Can't install Löve2D installer and Computer think installer is a virus.

Post by Positive07 »

Having LÖVE in the PATH has some advantages, like running "love ." in any folder and getting your game, instead of zipping and renaming to .love or moving the folder onto the executable. It's also helpful to easily set up the run command on whatever code editor you are using, since is the command is simply "love" and not "C:\Program Files\LÖVE\love.exe"
for i, person in ipairs(everybody) do
[tab]if not person.obey then person:setObey(true) end
end
love.system.openURL(github.com/pablomayobre)
raidho36
Party member

Re: Help: Can't install Löve2D installer and Computer think installer is a virus.

Post by raidho36 »

And just why would you torture yourself by using Windows cmd.exe? It's terrible. If nothing else, you can drag project folder onto love app icon. Windows is GUI-centric and it works just fine, so use that.
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

Or just save a run.bat file with the contents
<Path to love.exe> ./
And spam that into all of your project folders; that's kinda what i do.
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
Positive07
Party member

Post by Positive07 »

I don't. I run everything from Atom, except from the stuff I get from here which are most likely .love files.

But

Code: Select all

Shift + Right Click > Command Line > love .
Is always at my disposal, and I don't care if it's cmd.exe or whatever I just need to execute that command and nothing else anyway... So cmd does the job, I don't really see how it could be terrible when you are just running love. (Also Windows 10's cmd.exe is a little bit better than the old one)

Also I do have the LÖVE icon in my desktop so I can drag as well but I hate to do that with the trackpads sometimes, and there are times where I need to execute the game multiple times and the command line is faster than dragging 100 times.

I also have a bat file but I don't use that any longer... The three options above cover all my needs
end
nice
Party member

Post by nice »

Positive07 wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:36 am You go to "your pc" > preferences > advanced configuration > environment variables and search for the one called PATH and add the directory where love.exe is
I'm a little bit unsure how to do it and by directory, do you mean where I've put my LOVE folder (which in this case is under ProgramFiles)?

because I can find this part:
Positive07 wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:36 am"your pc" > preferences > advanced configuration > environment variables
and I can find a "PATH" but I find one that has three of the letters in lowercase "Path".
:awesome: Have a good day! :ultraglee:
Positive07
Party member

Post by Positive07 »

Yeah that one is fine, even undercased "path" should be fine, and there you put the file where love.exe is so "C:\Program Files\LÖVE"
end