Help: Can't install Löve2D installer and Computer think installer is a virus.

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
nice
Party member

Help: Can't install Löve2D installer and Computer think installer is a virus.

Post by nice »

So I decided to that I want to get back into Löve2D and I decided to install it on my desktop PC.

I get this:
Problems.png
Problems.png (14.29 KiB) Viewed 6390 times
And then my computer deem it as a virus, that happens when I try to run the installer.
I can download the zipped folder and run the program from there but isn't that kinda weird? (Normally you install Löve on your computer right?)

So what the hell is going on?

If it helps:
download.PNG
download.PNG (7.03 KiB) Viewed 6390 times

Update 1: Have tried to run the .exe file as admin but the problem is still there
:awesome: Have a good day! :ultraglee:
s-ol
Party member

Re: Help: Can't install Löve2D installer and Computer think installer is a virus.

Post by s-ol »

If you copy the files from the zip into a folder in Program Files, that's basically the same as installing it.

As to why this happens or how to prevent it I have no idea.

s-ol.nu /blog  -  p.s-ol.be /st8.lua  -  g.s-ol.be /gtglg /curcur

Code: Select all

print( type(love) )
if false then
  baby:hurt(me)
end
nice
Party member

Re: Help: Can't install Löve2D installer and Computer think installer is a virus.

Post by nice »

s-ol wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:31 pm If you copy the files from the zip into a folder in Program Files, that's basically the same as installing it.
Which of the files should I add to the program folder?
Positive07
Party member

Post by Positive07 »

All
for i, person in ipairs(everybody) do
[tab]if not person.obey then person:setObey(true) end
end
love.system.openURL(github.com/pablomayobre)
s-ol
Party member

Post by s-ol »

nice wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:33 pm
s-ol wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:31 pm If you copy the files from the zip into a folder in Program Files, that's basically the same as installing it.
Which of the files should I add to the program folder?
All of them tovether go into a folder that's usually called 'LOVE'. I'm not sure if the installer does something else by default (like set LUA_PATH and LUA_CPATH in your pcs environment variables) but I believe it doesn't.

Either way it should be enough to work with normal love projects without external lua modules (outside of tbe project directory).

s-ol.nu /blog  -  p.s-ol.be /st8.lua  -  g.s-ol.be /gtglg /curcur

Code: Select all

print( type(love) )
if false then
  baby:hurt(me)
end
nice
Party member

Post by nice »

it works right now but it pisses me of that I can't do it the "normal" way.... :x
Positive07
Party member

Post by Positive07 »

s-ol wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:30 pm I'm not sure if the installer does something else by default (like set LUA_PATH and LUA_CPATH in your pcs environment variables) but I believe it doesn't.
It does not set any environment variable, I recommend adding the install folder to the PATH though.
end
nice
Party member

Post by nice »

Positive07 wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:47 pm
s-ol wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:30 pm I'm not sure if the installer does something else by default (like set LUA_PATH and LUA_CPATH in your pcs environment variables) but I believe it doesn't.
It does not set any environment variable, I recommend adding the install folder to the PATH though.
How do I do that?
Positive07
Party member

Post by Positive07 »

You go to "your pc" > preferences > advanced configuration > environment variables and search for the one called PATH and add the directory where love.exe is
end
raidho36
Party member

Post by raidho36 »

Back when I used Windows, I would simply drop the LOVE files in the project folder and launch the executable.