Upgraded my Linux box, now Love won't work.

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
abcd_z
Prole

Upgraded my Linux box, now Love won't work.

Post by abcd_z »

Love loads as normal. The graphics are messed up, but everything's still running as normal in the background. Controls, sounds, etc are functioning normally. I tested both 0.72 and the unstable 0.8 release, and they both have the same problem. I'm running a lite version of Ubuntu operating system called Lubuntu and upgraded it from 10.04 to 10.10, then again to 11.04. I noticed the problem some time after the upgrade, but I can't prove that the upgrade is what caused it.
Here are some screenshots:

0.72, no game loaded
download/file.php?mode=view&id=22580

0.8, no game loaded
download/file.php?mode=view&id=22579

0.8, nottetris loaded.
download/file.php?mode=view&id=22578

Any ideas what's going on here?
Attachments
vvK6E.png
vvK6E.png (438.3 KiB) Viewed 225 times
PGlm8.png
PGlm8.png (371.94 KiB) Viewed 225 times
zh53l.png
zh53l.png (162.83 KiB) Viewed 225 times
slime
Solid Snayke

Re: Upgraded my Linux box, now Love won't work.

Post by slime »

Do other OpenGL programs work fine? It looks like an issue with graphics drivers to me.
tsturzl
Party member

Post by tsturzl »

Agreed, sounds like graphics drivers issues. After updating a kernel, your previous kernel module/driver for your graphics may not work. Try reinstalling your graphic drivers.
T-Bone
Inner party member

Post by T-Bone »

Since Lubuntu's interface doesn't require hardware accelerated graphics drivers, you might not have them. Or the ones you have are faulty or something.

Ubuntu has a built in app called "Hardware drivers", Lubuntu probably has it too. It should let you update your drivers.
tsturzl
Party member

Post by tsturzl »

T-Bone wrote:Since Lubuntu's interface doesn't require hardware accelerated graphics drivers, you might not have them. Or the ones you have are faulty or something.

Ubuntu has a built in app called "Hardware drivers", Lubuntu probably has it too. It should let you update your drivers.
If you manually installed ATI or Nvidia drivers however you might have to manually reinstall them.
abcd_z
Prole

Post by abcd_z »

Ah. Thanks everybody. I didn't think to check other games, but every program I have that runs OpenGL has the same problem. (Blender, Supertux, etc) It's probably a graphics driver problem like you say. I'll post on the ubuntu forums and see what response I get.