What do you want in an API for adding cloud data storage/achievements/scoreboard/whatever?

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Guard13007
Party member

What do you want in an API for adding cloud data storage/achievements/scoreboard/whatever?

Post by Guard13007 »

Inspired by GameJolt's API, I'm working on something that apes their but then I will be extending it. The primary goal of my project is to make something so you can easily add this kind of functionality to a game within a game jam (without having to configure things through a web interface or signing up for the service). But hey, might as well try to make it more than just barebones. :P

Besides what's shown in the above link, what would you want in an API for this kind of thing?
Tjakka5
Party member

Re: What do you want in an API for adding cloud data storage/achievements/scoreboard/whatever?

Post by Tjakka5 »

I don't know what is useful for an API, but I've heard that Dreamlo is often used for highscores in game jams. Maybe you can draw inspiration from it.
http://dreamlo.com/
DarkShroom
Citizen

Re: What do you want in an API for adding cloud data storage/achievements/scoreboard/whatever?

Post by DarkShroom »

haha i was just gonna joke and say i want RSA, i had a read and well they do use RSA (or some public/private system)!

so then i thought about it (why rsa?, and i figure the real reason for RSA is it's just so plain cool, the same reason i choose, i also like to shove it in everything to! so these guys think like me... (RSA is useless for this... it's not a key exchange, or some advanced distributed p2p system with trust issues.... debate? can you think of any uses for it?)

sorry no suggestions, just an un-suggestion, i think you should make this product very simple, maybe avoid following this example... you're not gonna want to use lua to sign RSA