LÖVE touch on PC

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Sanyeri
Prole

LÖVE touch on PC

Post by Sanyeri »

Hello! Since I make apps for mobile, the touch screen testing is an essential part of the development process. It's a tedious progress to always test every change on my phone, and I'd like to do everything on my PC. So, I thought of buying an external touch screen monitor. A virtual solution wouldn't be enough, since I have to test things like multitouch, and I'd anyways like to have an external monitor for maximum convinience. But the question is, can LÖVE support touch actions if they're made via a touch screen on PC, so that they wouldn't be registered as mouse presses. It would kinda suck to have bought a completetly new monitor just to have it not serve any actual purpose.

Thank you!
NotARaptor
Citizen

Re: LÖVE touch on PC

Post by NotARaptor »

I've never tried it, but it should be easy enough to do.

All of the mouse events have an "istouch" parameter. If that's true then you can ignore it, in your case, and use the touch events instead.
pgimeno
Party member

Post by pgimeno »

What Sanyeri is asking is whether desktop touch monitors generate touch events in LÖVE. I'm interested in the answer too.
Nikki
Citizen

Post by Nikki »

I have a laptop that has a touchscreen, love works wonderfully with that, developing for multitouch on that is much nicer than having to use an external iPad. I am not familiar with external monitors at all, but as long as it supports multitouch I'd say you are fine.
Sanyeri
Prole

Post by Sanyeri »

Nikki wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:21 am I have a laptop that has a touchscreen, love works wonderfully with that, developing for multitouch on that is much nicer than having to use an external iPad. I am not familiar with external monitors at all, but as long as it supports multitouch I'd say you are fine.
Thanks, I'll give an external touchscreen monitor a shot, and if I'll remember, I'll be sure to post the results as a reply on this post.

-Sanyeri