File Transfer Library

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
schme16
Party member

Re: File Transfer Library

Post by schme16 »

Despite EMB's seeming disinterest with this idea/project I for one can say I'm very exited about it, I've had a BURNING DESIRE for a working file transfer method for LOVE.... but maybe that's just me :P
My Development Diary - http://shanegadsby.info
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

It seems schme16 fell through a ring of fire?
Help us help you: attach a .love.
schme16
Party member

Post by schme16 »

Yessir, I Went Down, Down, Down but the flames went higher
My Development Diary - http://shanegadsby.info
Lap
Party member

Post by Lap »

I think this might actually work better as a framework so people can better experiment with the features and copy/paste just the portions they need. Not everyone is going to need all the features or even use the same protocol. It would probably be best to just include more features onto the current MinimalLubeSkeleton project that was getting played with in the LUBE thread.

If I'm going to do this I think I might as well do it right so I'm going to include some more features I didn't plan on originally. I'll show how to use TCP to do it and UDP. It might actually work better if I just make one TCP framework and one UDP one. I'll have to think about that one.

-TCP & UDP Features
-Message Queuing (Can insure requests actually get responded too even if the server is too overloaded when the request is received)
-File Transfer (Includes breaking up data into chunks and rerequesting missing chunks)

UDP only
-Flow Control (TCP already backs off if it sends too much data, but UDP needs our help)

Am I missing any features that should be included? Maybe disconnecting clients who are sending more data than the server allows?