Simple Tiled Implementation - STI v1.2.3.0

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
Karai17
Party member

Re: Simple Tiled Implementation - STI v0.14.1.5

Post by Karai17 »

Added a bump.lua plugin! Thanks to BobbyJones for that!
STI - An awesome Tiled library
LÖVE3D - A 3D library for LÖVE 0.10+

Dev Blog | GitHub | excessive ❤ moé
MikaelS
Prole

Post by MikaelS »

Thanks for a great library!

Regarding the new support for hexagonal maps, are there any conversion functions (like Map:convertStaggeredTileToScreen and Map:convertcreenToStaggeredTile) planned? I can't find them in the documentation or in the source code yet.
Karai17
Party member

Post by Karai17 »

They are planned but I need to figure out how to go about it.

Karai17
Party member

Re: Simple Tiled Implementation - STI v0.14.1.6

Post by Karai17 »

Fixed a scaling bug where tileset images weren't being filtered properly causing some unhappiness.

Doomworks
Prole

Post by Doomworks »

Karai17 wrote:Fixed a scaling bug where tileset images weren't being filtered properly causing some unhappiness.
I've just been looking back through the thread to see if this had been fixed at all as I just started using this library today, nice to see you're on quick with the bug spray heh

Keep up the good work!
unrecoverable
Prole

Post by unrecoverable »

If I have an object layer from Tiled and want objects in that layer to toggle visibility, how can I make it do so on the map itself? I'm making a Wizardry-style dungeon crawler and want my map/mini-map to update with changes. For example, I'd like door indicators to disappear when doors are opened, and trap indicators to appear when traps are detected or sprung. I could populate the map with these objects in the game code itself but it's nice to be able to place them with Tiled.

I can grab objects and change visible = true or false just fine and internally the game recognizes when visibility is changed, it just doesn't alter the way the object is displayed in the layer.
Karai17
Party member

Re: Simple Tiled Implementation - STI v0.14.1.7

Post by Karai17 »

STI now supports offsetting your map so that you can have multiple maps on screen!

Code: Select all

local map = sti.new("map.lua", {}, offsetx, offsety)

Karai17
Party member

Post by Karai17 »

unrecoverable wrote:If I have an object layer from Tiled and want objects in that layer to toggle visibility, how can I make it do so on the map itself? I'm making a Wizardry-style dungeon crawler and want my map/mini-map to update with changes. For example, I'd like door indicators to disappear when doors are opened, and trap indicators to appear when traps are detected or sprung. I could populate the map with these objects in the game code itself but it's nice to be able to place them with Tiled.

I can grab objects and change visible = true or false just fine and internally the game recognizes when visibility is changed, it just doesn't alter the way the object is displayed in the layer.
Object layers are honestly not really meant to be drawn. They allow you to position simple geometric shapes in Tiled that can then be turned into actual objects in game. Basically place holders. What I recommend doing is creating a Custom Layer and then create new objects within it using the data from the Object Layer, and give each new object its own visible flag and draw function.

unrecoverable
Prole

Post by unrecoverable »

Karai17 wrote:
unrecoverable wrote:If I have an object layer from Tiled and want objects in that layer to toggle visibility, how can I make it do so on the map itself? I'm making a Wizardry-style dungeon crawler and want my map/mini-map to update with changes. For example, I'd like door indicators to disappear when doors are opened, and trap indicators to appear when traps are detected or sprung. I could populate the map with these objects in the game code itself but it's nice to be able to place them with Tiled.

Object layers are honestly not really meant to be drawn. They allow you to position simple geometric shapes in Tiled that can then be turned into actual objects in game. Basically place holders. What I recommend doing is creating a Custom Layer and then create new objects within it using the data from the Object Layer, and give each new object its own visible flag and draw function.
Figured as much, thank you!
Rishavs
Party member

Re: Simple Tiled Implementation - STI v0.14.1.7

Post by Rishavs »

Hi karai

Your sample tech demo love file is borked.

It says zlib and gzip compression require love .10.0+
Please set your tile layer format to base64 or csv.

I am a 0.92 pleb. :ultrahappy: