[DEMO] Noise wave explorer

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
chezrom
Citizen

[DEMO] Noise wave explorer

Post by chezrom »

Hello !

At this post http://love2d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=77506, I have replied a small example of displaying color wave computed with the love.math.noise function.

I have coded more and more and then I post this demo in a separate post.

To avoid "key orgy" syndrom I've coded a small GUI (hard-coded and crapy one, but it works), and so the only mapped key is "TAB" to cycle about display mode.

In main window (displaying the color waves) you can right click to have a menu (click on the selected choice with left button), and left click to select a zone to zoom the display.

To have more features, you can use a bar that displays when the mouse is in the top of the window.
This bar looks like :
bar.png
bar.png (27.32 KiB) Viewed 2416 times
Whith explanation :
  1. octaves selection with left-click : how many noise-octave is used to compute the wave
  2. The display mode : how I display the wave using the dots. Left-click : cycle (like TAB key) right : select one in the list
  3. The color scale used to display the wave. Left-click : generate another random scale right-click : manipulate/select color scale
  4. The number of base colors in the color scale (between 2 and 10) Left click : cycle right : select the number in the list
  5. Pause the animation of the wave
  6. Lock the bar
The code is available on gitHub : https://github.com/chezrom/noisexplorer

And, finally, here is the Löve file :
noisexplorer.love
(8.84 KiB) Downloaded 167 times
Enjoy !
alberto_lara
Party member

Re: [DEMO] Noise wave explorer

Post by alberto_lara »

Seems interesting, I'll take a look :)
I did it and... wow I feel like acid hit me.
chezrom
Citizen

Re: [DEMO] Noise wave explorer

Post by chezrom »

alberto_lara wrote:I did it and... wow I feel like acid hit me.
Oups, sorry. It's in fact a collection of thingsthat I think to reuse for future games.
The GUI is a quick & dirty code, it is only here to avoid a long list of key commands that I must display on the screen.