LDME - Love Danmaku Maker Framework

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
ejmr
Party member

Re: LDME - Love Danmaku Maker Framework

Post by ejmr »

Very cool project. I wish this had existed three years ago when I started on the game I've been working on since then, heh. We (meaning my teammates and I) ended up implementing our own danmaku engine based on BulletML by Kenta Cho, which we have since extended. The whole game will be open-source but the bullet engine itself will also be released separately so that devs can use only that part if they wish. Being a huge Touhou fan myself, I think it's safe to say we share a lot of the same inspirations, heh.

Anyway, I just wanted to say great work and keep it up! I'm very interested in this project and will be following it, and will even try to contribute where I can. In the near future I will try to make the current state of my own danmaku engine public just in case it will help give you any ideas; the demo for my game comes out October 26th and the full game early next year, so that engine is pretty much complete at this point.

Really looking forward to seeing where LDME goes :nyu:
ejmr :: Programming and Game-Dev Blog, GitHub
南無妙法蓮華經
zorg
Party member

Re: LDME - Love Danmaku Maker Framework

Post by zorg »

Yeah, i was inspired by touhou as well :3
I'll hopefully stick to my schedule on the first post more or less, and push changes onto github once a week at least; though i did get into a little side-venture as well... (unek's flockdraw-like multiplayer theremin thing)
Thanks, and i hope you have luck with your game and engine as well! :ultraglee:
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.