Graphical Joystick tester

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
alberto_lara
Party member

Graphical Joystick tester

Post by alberto_lara »

Hi guys,

It's been a while since I wrote something here in the forums, I'm happy to have a little free time to come back. Like 1 and a half years ago I made this, simple joystick tester similar to the one you used on Win XP.

I was looking for something like this in the forums but I just found the brettchalupa/Love2D-Joystick-Tester project which is simple and really useful but I wanted a little more graphical tester. Didn't find it so I'm leaving mine here (not saying there's no such thing, maybe I just didn't search well).

test_joysticks.love
(2.45 KiB) Downloaded 441 times
Bye-Bye!
qubodup
Inner party member

Re: Graphical Joystick tester

Post by qubodup »

Pretty cool, although it doesn't react to button presses and some of the joysticks I tested were weird (for example xbox360 had triggers and right analog stick in the 2nd box.

http://youtu.be/MJYJy9WKwHQ

The hotplugging support is great!
lg.newImage("cat.png") -- made possible by lg = love.graphics
-- Don't force fullscreen (it frustrates those who want to try your game real quick) -- Develop for 1280x720 (so people can make HD videos)
Joe Black
Prole

Re: Graphical Joystick tester

Post by Joe Black »

it's clean, simple, I like how it looks,

but I have some suggestion :

it doesn't manage hat ?
also I would have numbered axis so when you set your configuration you write the number of the axis you want. but it's probably draw in order..
and when you put 2 controller it only draws one at a time (in local multiplayer game I often use many controller on a computer)