Löve Frames - A GUI Library

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
Nikolai Resokav
Party member

Re: Löve Frames - A GUI Library

Post by Nikolai Resokav »

Plu wrote:This looks awesome and like something I'm going to be using soon :D

Although it seems that the images are missing from the love file, I can´t open Frame, Image and Imagebutton as it crashes with a missing image error. I´m using Loveliness in Chrome if it makes a difference.

EDIT: tabs page as well.
Sounds like that might be an issue with Loveliness. Try running the demo with the standard LOVE application.
Plu
Inner party member

Post by Plu »

Doesn't seem like. I openend the .love file but the whole resources directory seems to be missing. Local app crashes as well. For the record, I'm using the link from your very first post:
http://archive.nikolairesokav.com/love/ ... -demo.love
Nikolai Resokav
Party member

Plu wrote:Doesn't seem like. I openend the .love file but the whole resources directory seems to be missing. Local app crashes as well. For the record, I'm using the link from your very first post:
http://archive.nikolairesokav.com/love/ ... -demo.love
Ok, I've added the missing images to the demo now. Try re-downloading the demo file.
Plu
Inner party member

Post by Plu »

Is there any way to cancel a checkbox click-event? So that when you click the checkbox, the state does not update? Or a way to disable them perhaps?

I want them visible on the screen, but conditionally turned off/non responsive, but I can't find anything in the documentation. (Although it is late and I might just be sleepy :P)

(Oh and the new file works perfectly :))
Nikolai Resokav
Party member

Plu wrote:Is there any way to cancel a checkbox click-event? So that when you click the checkbox, the state does not update? Or a way to disable them perhaps?

I want them visible on the screen, but conditionally turned off/non responsive, but I can't find anything in the documentation. (Although it is late and I might just be sleepy :P)

(Oh and the new file works perfectly :))
Hmm, guess I forgot to update the documents after the last update :/. Anyway, you can use the method SetEnabled(bool) to enable/disable a checkbox object.
riidom
Citizen

Post by riidom »

Hi, is there a way to get the current state returned as string? I want to use löveframes' state for my general game-states as well, not just gui-control.

Code: Select all

loveframes:GetState().state
gives me a table that somehow seems to contain the same as

Code: Select all

loveframes:GetState()
My understanding of recursion and OOP are pretty limited, and I wonder how I can get the current state as string?

P.S. Solved, nvm.
ArchAngel075
Party member

Post by ArchAngel075 »

Wow, i actually attempted such a library with MC-ComputerCraft... got as far as making a priority based window draw system but just couldnt do anything further...

anyways :
absolutely loving this, its speeding up making menus and other such ALOT!
Although, id like to request a possible idea :
Provide a method to change the color of a progress bar, defaults to green. Use arguments rgba.
And if its implemented there may be cases you make it the same color as the numbers inside the bar, thus a method to change the texts color (more below)
Method can have rgba for arguments and another "invert"
-Invert is a Boolean, when true it inverts the bars fill color and applies to text, else nothing (uses rgba arguaments?)

Beside the lack of coloring my progBars im loving this library!
Definitly will credit you as you deserve!
Nikolai Resokav
Party member

ArchAngel075 wrote:Wow, i actually attempted such a library with MC-ComputerCraft... got as far as making a priority based window draw system but just couldnt do anything further...

anyways :
absolutely loving this, its speeding up making menus and other such ALOT!
Although, id like to request a possible idea :
Provide a method to change the color of a progress bar, defaults to green. Use arguments rgba.
And if its implemented there may be cases you make it the same color as the numbers inside the bar, thus a method to change the texts color (more below)
Method can have rgba for arguments and another "invert"
-Invert is a Boolean, when true it inverts the bars fill color and applies to text, else nothing (uses rgba arguaments?)

Beside the lack of coloring my progBars im loving this library!
Definitly will credit you as you deserve!
Glad you find my library useful! As for your suggestion, you should be able to modify the color of your progressbars by making a few edits to one of the default skins or creating your own skin with a custom progressbar drawing function.
OmarShehata
Party member

Post by OmarShehata »

I feel I'm just parroting what everyone else has already said, but this GUI library is truly, incredibly useful and is going drastically speed up the development of my project.

I've only just discovered it yesterday, but I really like how easy and feature-full it is. I just have one question. I can't seem to find any way to "destroy" an object after it has been created. I'm guessing this is built more under a paradigm where I use the state system to hide/unhide the items I want?

I'm thinking mainly when I want to implement a menu that shows up when I right click on objects. I'd want to destroy/delete it when the user closes the menu or clicks elsewhere.
Last edited by OmarShehata on Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
riidom
Citizen

Post by riidom »

if you see the documentation, check the "base" object, it has a ton of methods, all other objects inherit from, and thus not described there. In this list, you will find :Remove().
Took me a while to discover myself :)