LoveUI for love 0.6.0

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
appleide
Party member

Re: LoveUI for love 0.6.0

Post by appleide »

I forgot to fix the string key constants... took me an hour but here is yet another release, with that fixed.
Thanks for your support, robin. :)
Attachments
12_2LoveUI.love
(146.2 KiB) Downloaded 281 times
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

It fails. 12_1 fails.

In Library/LoveUI/component/TextfieldCell.lua, on line 187, you compare a string with a number (key > 32, something like that). The rest of TextfieldCell:keyDown() is old as well. Library/LoveUI/service/keyboard.lua is not updated either. Are you sure you grabbed the latest version of each file? Or did you forget to change those files?

EDIT: posted just a moment too late :P
Help us help you: attach a .love.
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

Two issues:
  1. Textfields don't support Home and End. I have a patch for that.
  2. When you have a negative selection (Shift+Left), pressing Left and Right has non-obvious results: pressing Left leaves you at the origin of the selection, instead of at the left, after pressing Right, you end up at origin + selection length, instead of the expected right side.
Attachments
home_end.txt
I can't believe it's not a patch! (Because it is)
(858 Bytes) Downloaded 192 times
Help us help you: attach a .love.
appleide
Party member

Post by appleide »

Robin wrote:Two issues:
  1. Textfields don't support Home and End. I have a patch for that.
  2. When you have a negative selection (Shift+Left), pressing Left and Right has non-obvious results: pressing Left leaves you at the origin of the selection, instead of at the left, after pressing Right, you end up at origin + selection length, instead of the expected right side.
Thanks for the patch! Here's a fix for both issues. :)
Attachments
12_3LoveUI.love
(147.2 KiB) Downloaded 301 times
osuf oboys
Party member

Post by osuf oboys »

Thanks for upgrading to 0.6.0. Yours is actually the only GUI lib that have done so yet.

What is the recommended way to use LoveUI if one wishes to customize the look of GUI components?

A method to see if a frame/button/... is being mouse-hovered and an option to change graphics based on this would be useful.
If I haven't written anything else, you may assume that my work is released under the LPC License - the LÖVE Community. See http://love2d.org/wiki/index.php?title=LPC_License.
Lap
Party member

Post by Lap »

Are there any examples that demonstrate scrollers and tableview? The documentation only really seems to explain the most basic components and the comments on the more advanced ones seem lacking.
appleide
Party member

Post by appleide »

Someone asked me to reupload LoveUI for LÖVE 0.6.2... Here it is...
Are there any examples that demonstrate scrollers and tableview? The documentation only really seems to explain the most basic components and the comments on the more advanced ones seem lacking.
Hmm I have no scrollers or tableviews in this version. I threw them away because they looked ugly and was slow ... If you produce a set of mockups (or smarter way, link to image of a set of scrollers) that looks good, I'll copy it and put it in.

That said... I haven't worked on this for months... : ( I still have to do the checkbox.

I see you've already found it... There's another library called "goo" out there that I find seems to look (much) better than LoveUI viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1523&start=10. : )
Attachments
12_3LoveUI.love
(147.2 KiB) Downloaded 518 times
Luiji
Party member

Post by Luiji »

The attachment is gone!

Maybe people should stop uploading these as attachments and host them at GitHub and stuff since everything has to be reuploaded after a crash.
thelinx
The Strongest

Post by thelinx »

Luiji wrote: Maybe people should stop uploading these as attachments
Attachments should never be deleted in the future, so it's ok.