Quick puzzles with a "motivational sidebar"

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Dola
Prole

Quick puzzles with a "motivational sidebar"

Post by Dola »

This is a really simple implementation of a concept i conceived with a friend a few weeks ago.The screen is divided in two halves, the left one being a npc playing some style of game, and the right one being you playing another one.Depending on your performance, the npc's world will be altered, if you make too many mistakes, he will end up dying and you getting a game over.

For this example i made something like Doodle Jump for the npc and the player plays a "join the matching geometries".Match the geometries correctly and a new plataform will show up.Make the wrong choice and a plataform will disapear.As the npc touches one plataform and jumps to another, the lowest one disapears, so you have some kind of time pressure as well, because when the npc runs out of plataforms you are dead.

The goal here is more to show and get some feedback on the concept so please ignore those terrible graphics :rofl:

The plan is to have multiple puzzle and npc world and quick puzzle styles , so if you have any interesting ideas for those, please tell me:)
Attachments
Quick Puzzles.love
(2.2 MiB) Downloaded 177 times
Robin
The Omniscient

Re: Quick puzzles with a "motivational sidebar"

Post by Robin »

Really neat concept, when I was actually playing it, it was too confusing: if I look at the NPC's screen, I can't do anything, if I look at my screen, I can't see how well I'm doing. Either way, I'm always flying blind and that makes the game confusing and less fun.
Help us help you: attach a .love.
Ragzouken
Citizen

Re: Quick puzzles with a "motivational sidebar"

Post by Ragzouken »

Interesting idea, but to win I have to pay attention to the right hand side, and ignore the left; I think this could only work with more integration between the two sides.