This Is a Waste Of Time [TaWoT ][now beta5.1]

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
ArchAngel075
Party member

Re: This Is a Waste Of Time [TaWoT ]

Post by ArchAngel075 »

quick non upload update (i do this often, its to let people know whats going on for feedback before an upload)

So i managed to implement a vector system, this applies a nicer smoother movement to the paddle, also cahnged controls to use keyboard since mouse will be controlling powers and weapons.
I forced the dots to spawn within a 500> players X <500 range, this gives the dots a bit more of a threatening feel, also i tried sitting on the edge of screen in this setup and i lost more than i gained.

Ill be now adding a laser shooting system, this means using both mouse and keyboard to defend yourself!
Each dot will have a life and this life whittles down when hit by a laser. (ever play beat hazard?)

Is this all good?

feedback welcome as usual!
ArchAngel075
Party member

Re: This Is a Waste Of Time [TaWoT ]

Post by ArchAngel075 »

AND UPDATE!

version 5.1, the move to SPACE!!!!~~~

Whats changed :
-The game background has changed from a snowy scene to a spacey scene!
-Added some tweaks to how things spawned, the three difficulties have a more definite change to them.
-Added [purple] DOT, he loves you, so much infact that he will try to GO TO you!!! beware because we all know purple is evil! Only shows his face around HARD
-Added [cyan] DOT, he is okay, heck he is so ok that he seems to give you a little extra points! only appears from Medium upwards!
-changed controls, now uses keyboard WASD movement.
-changed player sprite, its now a spacy-ship... But it rotates in four directions based on keys!
-improved how my code handles some things, so its 0.0000001% easier to add new DOTS and configure them!
-NO POWERUPS yet, lest you counting cyan.
- NO endgame yet, though im considering it for 5.2.
--Endgame will be lives based, player has X lives and for each hit he looses a life, if he dies he dies..
--In future points will be converted to money to purchase some extras, like MORE LIVES... or a free power on start!

this is 5.1 since 5.2 will be including powerup 1, the PUSH!

please do give feed back on the difficulty changes and what not!

-trivia, in a moment of derp i posted this update to a help request i made XD
ArchAngel075
Party member

Re: This Is a Waste Of Time [TaWoT ][now beta5.1]

Post by ArchAngel075 »

damn its been awhile ....

So after several failed projects i decided to move back to TaWoT ...
Im working on a remake, "Uramu", a bullet curtain/shmup (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoot_%27em_up) game.
Inspiration was 'Project Touhou'.

Expect a post soon, as im working on the concept atm.
So far, i have made it so i can define projectiles fairly easily thanks to staging, that is i can have a proj fly to xy then change to fly to ab, this can be extremely useful for complex projectiles that spiral or move in a zig-zag pattern.

Also the move to a shmup game means you get to do more than dodge!