And Then There Was One

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
HyperNexus
Prole

Re: And Then There Was One

Post by HyperNexus »

Ranguna259 wrote:This is actualy realy good, for people who don't have controllers maybe add like a bar that grows when you get close to an assassin, or put a circle around the player and when he get close to another assassin, part of the cicle (the part that is closest to the other assassin(s)) start glowing from light glow (small alpha when you are far way from another assassin) to some kind of strong glow (max alpha if you are close).

EDIT: I really don't like changing throught the options in the main menu with the analoges sticks, try adding arrows support
Thank you. That's a pretty good suggestion. I'll consider adding it to the game a bit later.

Arrows support? Do you mean use the D-Pad on the 360 controller? Or the arrow keys on a keyboard if playing with a pad?
raidho36 wrote:So you can't play this game properly without a vibrating gamepad. Unless you designed this game exclusively for a video game consoles, that's a very serious design flaw.
You can but the experience isn't quite as good. The idea of including keyboard controls was to allow more people to play the game because not everyone has access to four friends and four 360 pads.

This game was originally created for this years Global Game Jam which had a theme of heart beat. Our intention from the start was to use force feedback to replicate a heart beat and the most accessible way to do that on a PC was with a controller. I wouldn't say it is a design oversight, maybe a demographic oversight but then again we were initially doing this for a game jam and accessibility wasn't at the forefront of our minds. This game is probably better suited to more public events where you are going to get a group of people together. We showed it at one earlier in the year and got a lot of great feedback.
Ranguna259
Party member

Post by Ranguna259 »

The D-Pad, I usually refer to them as arrows :P

Talking about keyboard, maybe once you have finished the game then you could implement keyboard controls ?
LoveDebug- A library that will help you debug your game with an on-screen fully interactive lua console, you can even do code hotswapping :D

Check out my twitter.
Germanunkol
Party member

Post by Germanunkol »

Played this a few nights ago with a friend. I adored it all the way. Very well done. It can be ridiculously funny when all the people around you die and you have no idea which one is the assassin. It's also amazing how little of the rest of the screen you see when you concentrate on getting to your target.

Using gamepads was a good choice - it worked well with the game. And as long as there is a fallback-support for keyboards focusing on the gamepad, in my opinion, is just fine.
trAInsported - Write AI to control your trains
Bandana (Dev blog) - Platformer featuring an awesome little ninja by Micha and me
GridCars - Our jam entry for LD31
Germanunkol.de