ZeroBrane Studio Lua IDE v0.50 is out

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Mercurialol
Prole

Re: ZeroBrane Studio Lua IDE v0.50 is out

Post by Mercurialol »

paulclinger wrote:
Mercurialol wrote:Editor looks blurry and pixelated on my MacBook retina display :(
Mercurialol, try setting

Code: Select all

hidpi=true
in the config: http://studio.zerobrane.com/doc-faq.htm ... isplay-osx
Awesome, the text editor looks great now! The only thing left pixelated are the tabs, but that's not much of a problem. I couldn't find .zbstudio in my $HOME directory though, so I went Edit -> Preferences -> Settings:System to create the user.lua file.
SiENcE
Party member

Post by SiENcE »

paulclinger wrote:Folks, I've completed the batch of UI changes we've been discussing and also added bookmark support. Everything has been merged into the 'master' branch. There are few other small changes planned before the next release, but any major changes will go to the next version.

Thank you for all the feedback and support!
Great. Thanks for your hard work!
drakmaniso
Prole

Post by drakmaniso »

I did not have time to do much testing with the latest changes, but the issue with widgets not displaying properly under Arch Linux seems to still be there.

Anyway, great work, and thanks for taking our feedback into account!
paulclinger
Party member

Post by paulclinger »

> Awesome, the text editor looks great now! The only thing left pixelated are the tabs, but that's not much of a problem. I couldn't find .zbstudio in my $HOME directory though, so I went Edit -> Preferences -> Settings:System to create the user.lua file.

@Mercurialol, I enabled hidpi as the default. You may consider using Settings: User instead of System as System settings may be removed when you upgrade ZBS (as it's stored in .app subfolders). You don't need to have .zbstduio folder as it will be created for you by ZBS when you save the config file.

> the issue with widgets not displaying properly under Arch Linux seems to still be there

@drakmaniso, yes, I've been looking at that and couple of other Linux-specific issues, but unfortunately, no resolution so far (and not even a workaround). If you come across something like that, please let me know.
Mercurialol
Prole

Post by Mercurialol »

@paul - alright, thank you. Noticed another thing: delete folder does nothing(OS X Mavericks).

Btw. what's the best way of reporting bugs ?
paulclinger
Party member

Post by paulclinger »

Mercurialol wrote:@paul - alright, thank you. Noticed another thing: delete folder does nothing(OS X Mavericks).
ZBS doesn't allow deletion of non-empty folders as a safety measure. The Delete item will become enabled if the folder is empty.

> Btw. what's the best way of reporting bugs ?

If you are not sure if something is a bug, then email, IRC #zerobrane on freenode, zerobrane maillist or a forum post, like this one will work best (I have all these options listed here: http://studio.zerobrane.com/community.html). If it's indeed a bug you can reproduce, then github issues is the best place.
paulclinger
Party member

Post by paulclinger »

@drakmaniso, @OttoRobba, I figured out what's going on with the tabs and other screen elements under Adwaita/Gnome3; it's not only ZBS issue and seems to be related to libpng. I updated this ticket with some options and a workaround: https://github.com/pkulchenko/ZeroBrane ... issues/306.
Mercurialol
Prole

Post by Mercurialol »

paulclinger wrote: ZBS doesn't allow deletion of non-empty folders as a safety measure. The Delete item will become enabled if the folder is empty.
Actually, I have an empty folder that I can't delete. Confirmation dialog pops up and nothing happens after clicking on 'Yes'.

Also, shortcuts are a bit messed up.
paulclinger
Party member

Post by paulclinger »

> Actually, I have an empty folder that I can't delete. Confirmation dialog pops up and nothing happens after clicking on 'Yes'.

@Mercurialol, what's the name of the folder you are trying to delete?

> Also, shortcuts are a bit messed up.

Yes, it's a combination of wxwidgets bug and setting "System Preferences | Keyboard | [ ] Use all F1, F2, etc. keys as standard function keys"; see this ticket for details: https://github.com/pkulchenko/ZeroBrane ... t-39117250. It should be fixed with wxwidgets upgrade in the next release (0.70+).
Mercurialol
Prole

Post by Mercurialol »

paulclinger wrote:@Mercurialol, what's the name of the folder you are trying to delete?
I did a bit of investigation on this. ls -a inside the folder gives me: ". .. .DS_Store". So I ran "rm .DS_Store". After that, I successfully deleted the folder from the IDE :megagrin:
paulclinger wrote:Yes, it's a combination of wxwidgets bug and setting "System Preferences | Keyboard | [ ] Use all F1, F2, etc. keys as standard function keys"; see this ticket for details: https://github.com/pkulchenko/ZeroBrane ... t-39117250. It should be fixed with wxwidgets upgrade in the next release (0.70+).
Alright, thanks.