Installing LÖVE .6.2 on Debian Stable Lenny

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
PauloftheWest
Prole

Installing LÖVE .6.2 on Debian Stable Lenny

Post by PauloftheWest »

I'm posting this so if anyone is trying to install love 0.6.2 on Debian Lenny, they won't repeat any of my problems.

1) Prereqs:

Code: Select all

# apt-get install libdevil1c2  libdevil-dev libphysfs-1.0-0 libphysfs-dev libflac++-dev libflac++6 libmodplug0c2 libmodplug-dev libmpg123-0 libmpg123-dev libflac-dev libsdl1.2-dev libopenal-dev libvorbis-dev libmpg123-dev
2) You must install libmpg123-dev from testing! love 0.6.2 uses a later version of libmpg123 (namely the mpg123_feed function) and you must get that from a later version of Debian. This is how I get a package from a later version of Debian
2a) open up /etc/apt/sources.list with your favorite text editor, replace 'lenny' with 'testing'
2b)

# apt-get update 
2c)

# apt-get install libmpg123-dev 
2d) Now to go back to stable, open up /etc/apt/sources.list and replace 'testing' with 'lenny'.
2e)

# apt-get update 
3) Love uses 'SDL_BUTTON_X1' and 'SDL_BUTTON_X2' which is not in any of debian packages (that I have found). Thus, we will add those defines manually. Open up '/usr/include/SDL/SDL_mouse.h' (as root) and towards the end you will need to add:

#define SDL_BUTTON_X1   6
#define SDL_BUTTON_X2   7
right after 'SDL_BUTTON_WHEELDOWN'.

Now, theoretically, this should mess something up, but everything has been running right for me. I'm assuming mice with more than 3 buttons won't work...

4) Finally, get the source, untar it, run

# ./configure ; make ;make install 
Runs LÖVELY for me =)

~PauloftheWest
~less think, more do
Luiji
Party member

Re: Installing LÖVE .6.2 on Debian Stable Lenny

Post by Luiji »

Why not upgrade to a newer version where none of these complications exist?
Good bye.
PauloftheWest
Prole

Re: Installing LÖVE .6.2 on Debian Stable Lenny

Post by PauloftheWest »

I've had too many problems with Debian 'testing' and 'sid'. That and 'testing' probably doesn't work.

~PauloftheWest
~less think, more do