Pirate ship AI help

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
luaiscool
Prole

Pirate ship AI help

Post by luaiscool »

Hi,

I'm back! So anyways, Pirate ship AI, I have a space game I (tried) made a while ago. It has a good rotate and move in direction its pointing system. But I was wanting an AI where an enemy pirate ship would come up to your side and shoot it's side cannons at you. I have looked at AIs for Love but everyone says code one, but I am lost in that and really don't know how to use Love to make an Ai, Help is wanted!

BTW. Not including Love file atm, Need to start working on my project more so yeah.

Thanks in advance!
http://xkcd.com/979/

Code: Select all

if signature = true then
    print(signaturetext)
else
    print("Error: Signature Not Found")
end
micha
Inner party member

Re: Pirate ship AI help

Post by micha »

Programming AI is not easy, so expect to invest some time into this, before you get it right.

For specific moving behavior, have a look at this and similar tutorials.

Additionally, for the big picture, and to get a more varied enemy behavior, you might want to look into Finite-State-Machines.
luaiscool
Prole

Re: Pirate ship AI help

Post by luaiscool »

micha wrote:Programming AI is not easy, so expect to invest some time into this, before you get it right.

For specific moving behavior, have a look at this and similar tutorials.

Additionally, for the big picture, and to get a more varied enemy behavior, you might want to look into Finite-State-Machines.
Thanks dude you always help me:D
http://xkcd.com/979/

Code: Select all

if signature = true then
    print(signaturetext)
else
    print("Error: Signature Not Found")
end