LOVE 0.9.x does not start

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
furi
Citizen

LOVE 0.9.x does not start

Post by furi »

Hi! In advance, I'm running on Windows 7 64-bit. For some strange reason, I can't run the LOVE exe no matter what. From SciTE, it reports "Exit code: 3221226525", but aside from that, I get nothing. No window, no no-game screen, nothing. I tried the portable version as well as the installer version of both 64-bit and 32-bit. However, I can run 0.8.x and lower without a problem. Why is that?

EDIT: Running as an administrator fixes the problem. :huh:
What could be causing this strange behavior?
furi
Citizen

Re: LOVE 0.9.x does not start

Post by furi »

Alright, I had to figure this out for myself. Apparently, running on a custom shell prevents the newer versions of LOVE from starting. Is there a way to fix this?
Zilarrezko
Party member

Post by Zilarrezko »

Sorry no one's responding man. I saw this post and didn't know what to think of it, so I didn't respond. You may have to get one of the devs to respond, or at least people with knowledge of shells.

Or is it a problem with scite? Maybe it's a report for them instead. I'm not sure man, sorry. :(
furi
Citizen

Post by furi »

Zilarrezko wrote:Sorry no one's responding man. I saw this post and didn't know what to think of it, so I didn't respond. You may have to get one of the devs to respond, or at least people with knowledge of shells.

Or is it a problem with scite? Maybe it's a report for them instead. I'm not sure man, sorry. :(
It's alright, I'm really just a little frustrated with the whole deal. I've tried running outside of SciTE with the same results, so I assume it has to do with some new dependencies introduced in LOVE 0.9.x. I'm not much of an expert myself, though.
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

Love tries to attach to existing consoles now, so maybe that's where it's going wrong? What happens if you run it from a command prompt?
furi
Citizen

Post by furi »

bartbes wrote:Love tries to attach to existing consoles now, so maybe that's where it's going wrong? What happens if you run it from a command prompt?
Nothing returns, even if I give it a folder. Also tried using the "print" command to see if anything would show up. No dice.

Zilarrezko
Party member

Post by Zilarrezko »

going to shoot in the dark here since bartbes said it. But maybe is Löve having problems with the SCite console window?

edit: This seems like it's turning into an interrogation haha.
Last edited by Zilarrezko on Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

Have you tried other applications that use SDL2? Like steam's big picture mode?
furi
Citizen

Post by furi »

bartbes wrote:Have you tried other applications that use SDL2? Like steam's big picture mode?
Odd. Attempting to open Big Picture completely closes out Steam with no error messages, similar to LOVE. I'm using the 64-bit version of bbLean. Really, I don't understand how it could interfere with so much like this.
furi
Citizen

Post by furi »

On the normal shell, running LOVE in SciTE, the process is there, but no window appears. Outside of SciTE, it works fine, though.