Legal screen sizes?

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
rmn_rmn
Prole

Re: Legal screen sizes?

Post by rmn_rmn »

Thank you guys for the help. :) Testing my game yesterday, I realised that people won't need to change the resolution provided it is the best initially. If I start game with 1440*900 I don't want to switch it to 1280*800 or other since my monitor has 1440*900 (I write a board logical game, so no performance issues). And I believe that's what LOVE does when you first launch the game, you should only turn fullscreen on in conf.lua, and adjustments will be performed automatically, all the graphics will be mapped well on your monitor's resolution. Nice example of it you can see if you use 1024*768 and fullscreen mode on in the confifuration file (surely, you should use coordinates for 1024*768 resolution while developing). It is hard to test whether it works in vice versa direction at only one monitor since even if I set my system resolution to, say, 1024*768, the game will start in maximum resolution (i.e. 1440*900 in my case).