Add file not working?

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
roggie
Prole

Add file not working?

Post by roggie »

So, I've been trying to upload my game to the love2d Projects and demos forum but it takes a long time for the page to load when I click "Add File" and when it does it says "Server not responding". I've uploaded the games to itch.io but I'd rather upload them on the forum instead of making people go onto another site and downloading it. I've been able to upload the game on itch.io so I don't think it has anything to do with my side.

Does anyone else have this problem?
Jeeper
Party member

Re: Add file not working?

Post by Jeeper »

roggie wrote:So, I've been trying to upload my game to the love2d Projects and demos forum but it takes a long time for the page to load when I click "Add File" and when it does it says "Server not responding". I've uploaded the games to itch.io but I'd rather upload them on the forum instead of making people go onto another site and downloading it. I've been able to upload the game on itch.io so I don't think it has anything to do with my side.

Does anyone else have this problem?
It could be a temporary thing, servers get overloaded occasionally and random issues do occur. Itch is pretty well regarded in terms of downloading stuff around here. It is not nearly as annoying as some random "megasuperfileUpload.com" site with 3000 ads all saying "CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD" :D

I don't think anyone will mind if you use itch
T-Bone
Inner party member

Re: Add file not working?

Post by T-Bone »

Also cloud storage services like Dropbox and OneDrive make it very easy to create direct download links to files. Those are rather common on these forums, if you don't want to go through the trouble of hosting on itch.io, which might be the case if you're just asking for help or feedback, rather than trying to promote your finished game.

Either way, there's no requirement that the files must be uploaded to the forums directly. As long as the process of downloading it is easy, anything goes.