[Help] "Seams" in view/shadow polygon (Mesh)

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
DeltaF1
Citizen

[Help] "Seams" in view/shadow polygon (Mesh)

Post by DeltaF1 »

I'm having an issue with creating and rendering a dynamic view/shadow polygon. I am raycasting my scene every frame, generating a polygon of where the light source should be casting, and then running it through a shader. However, I've noticed some artefacts in my polygon. I tried disabling the shader, but the artefacts seem to be unrelated.

The artefact can be seen as a thin white line coming out from the light source

They manifest themselves as a line of colour that stands out from the rest of the view polygon, and they always lie along one of the raycast lines. I followed this tutorial http://ncase.me/sight-and-light/ to create the polygon.

The previous image, with the raycasts shown. Note how the artefact lies along one of the raycasts

The .love is included, use the keys 1-7 to enable/disable various debug drawing tools. Press left mouse button to make the light source follow your cursor, and then click again to make it stay in the position. you can also press the - and = keys to shrink and grow the "light source" (shader effect). move the light source around and see if you detect any artefacts, they're usually more spotty than the one in the screenshot.
Attachments
game.love
(10.81 KiB) Downloaded 73 times