about distributing on windows...

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Ortimh
Citizen

Re: about distributing on windows...

Post by Ortimh »

Writing Lua code with ugliest structure will keep people away from your code. Then if you obfuscate the code, you will get 2 layers of confusion. I guess your only concern is people will cheat if you let your code freely open because most of the time people not steal your code but instead learn from your code.
I~=Spam
Party member

Re: about distributing on windows...

Post by I~=Spam »

Ortimh wrote:Writing Lua code with ugliest structure will keep people away from your code. Then if you obfuscate the code, you will get 2 layers of confusion. I guess your only concern is people will cheat if you let your code freely open because most of the time people not steal your code but instead learn from your code.
As nice of a solution as that might sound I think that is a very bad idea because someone still has to write the code right? If the code is really, really ugly and hard to understand that has the potential to seriously hinder the programmers ability to write the game in the first place which IMO is worse than a stolen game.
My Tox ID: 0F1FB9170B94694A90FBCF6C4DDBDB9F58A9E4CDD0B4267E50BF9CDD62A0F947E376C5482610