upgraded to 10.1 and console not appearing

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
zell2002
Citizen

upgraded to 10.1 and console not appearing

Post by zell2002 »

Hey guys, windows 7 + sublime, upgraded to 10.1 (i think I was on 9.1 prior actually..) and the console isnt showing up anymore.
Am I missing anything obvious?
in my conf.lua
t.console=true
slime
Solid Snayke

Re: upgraded to 10.1 and console not appearing

Post by slime »

LÖVE tries to attach itself to the parent process' existing console before trying to create its own console if that fails. However, sublime text seems to just eat the output without displaying it anywhere, when that happens.

If you do t.console = false, then print should output to and show up in sublime text's console.
zell2002
Citizen

Post by zell2002 »

Yea that's cool (although I can never seem to get that to work), why would this only start happening after Love 9.1 ? I think I had a similar issues with 9.2 hence rolling back, can't not upgraded to 10+, there's alot of great features.
Is there something I'm missing in these new builds that is causing this ?
slime
Solid Snayke

Post by slime »

In 0.9.1 and older, LÖVE always created a separate console window without first trying to attach itself to a parent's console.

The next release of LÖVE will include a second exe file which is built for the console subsystem, which means it'll do what t.console = true does but all the time and much more reliably (so e.g. print() will show up in sublime text no matter what, when that exe is used).
fatfatson
Prole

Post by fatfatson »

same problem
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

um... same answer? honestly... :P
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.