Hex Engine

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Crossing
Prole

Re: Hex Engine

Post by Crossing »

Sir_Silver wrote:Those pictures of your game have gotten me to think about how I might make my own hex grid sort of game and what it might be about. Is the project still in development or maybe you're taking a good long break from it? I'm starting to consider making my own game like this :O

Yes I've been on a small break due to work, and I've been diving into running a couple of game servers to see if I can get a small income going, I'm actually about to update it this weekend and iron out some bugs and finish the ui and stuff.

I just recently got into hex stuff, I've always loved civilization and strategy games but I've always considered a simple one to be out of my scope. However, i finally decided to try it out :)

Smoggert wrote:Hey Crossing, the hitdetection on your hexes seems a bit off around a few corners, I looked at the code but got terribly confused by the number of vars your using to actually calc it :D

I have some 100% accurate hex hit detection if you like (based on the center and outer sphere radius).
If need be I can post the snippit.
(I'll have to change it first as it currently also takes into account the rotation of the hex)
Yeah, I've noticed my code is a bit messy, and I have way to many variables, which I think is messing up my click detection system, this weekend I'm going to throw it all into one file and clean it up, optimize it and such.

I appreciate the offer to give me code for click detection. I like to figure stuff out on my own, it's really the only way I can learn, again I appreciate the offer though :)
Smoggert
Prole

Re: Hex Engine

Post by Smoggert »

Np Crossing,

I'm sure you'll get it done :D Gl with the cleaning up.