Bump.Lua issue - player getting stuck when the collision box is above a certain height

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
MistyM
Prole

Bump.Lua issue - player getting stuck when the collision box is above a certain height

Post by MistyM »

I've used STI and Bump to add my map and collision boxes to my game. Everything is working fine other than when I make a collision box more than a certain height (360px). When it is below this height, it works as it should, when it's above, the player just gets stuck when it collides with the box.
I can't understand why this might be happening!

Any help would be appreciated :)
Thanks,
Megan
pgimeno
Party member

Re: Bump.Lua issue - player getting stuck when the collision box is above a certain height

Post by pgimeno »

No idea why it may be happening, but have you tried varying the cell size?

Do you have a simple example that we can use to reproduce the issue and track it down?
MistyM
Prole

Re: Bump.Lua issue - player getting stuck when the collision box is above a certain height

Post by MistyM »

pgimeno wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:17 pm No idea why it may be happening, but have you tried varying the cell size?

Do you have a simple example that we can use to reproduce the issue and track it down?
Hi pgimeno,
I've actually managed to figure it out. I made sure the collision box height was a multiple of 16 (my tile height/width) and it works fine now. bit of a pain for manually putting in hit boxes but at least it works!
MistyM
Prole

Post by MistyM »

Ah, I was wrong. The issue wasn't fixed.
This is the game when the ladder hitbox is 32x192px (working perfectly fine):
ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif
ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif (4.3 MiB) Viewed 2658 times
and this is the game when the ladder hitbox is 32x400px. The player gets stuck and cannot move in any direction.
ezgif.com-video-to-gif (1).gif
ezgif.com-video-to-gif (1).gif (1.41 MiB) Viewed 2658 times
It seems to start happening when the hitbox height is above 360px.