Alt + L doesn't work correctly on VS Code with ANY extension

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
fynnick
Prole

Alt + L doesn't work correctly on VS Code with ANY extension

Post by fynnick »

Hi,

I recently got love, installed it in the default C drive directory and have ensured that the default address that is being referred to in extensions like Love2D Support or Love Launcher is indeed the same.

When i first, freshly installed Love2D Support, alt + l simply didn't work, no matter how long I waited of how often I tried.
Then i installed the Love Launcher 1.0.5 by Jan Werder and magically (without even uninstalling love2d support), I was immediately getting Alt + l responsiveness. I could consistently press the sequence and have love2d launch as expected very quickly as soon as I pressed Alt + l. I said great and continued to work as normal.

Next morning I turn on the computer, get on to VS code and no error, no message, nothing. Pressing alt + l just doesn't work. I haven't touched my installs of love 2d support or love launcher.

I then proceeded to try and install several other launchers and found that none of them got the alt l to work either.

I am kind of frustrated at this honestly. I like launching and testing frequently and the need to repeatedly drag my main.lua file over and over to the love.exe file is annoying and a waste of time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks.
Tabaqui
Prole

Re: Alt + L doesn't work correctly on VS Code with ANY extension

Post by Tabaqui »

I’ve had the same problem with love launcher and it turned out that, using github, i’ve accidentally committed the vs configuration files, breaking love launcher on the other PC i was using (love2d was on different directories, so the extension couldn’t find it anymore). I don’t know if it can help.