latest APK not working with lovegame folder

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
alberto_lara
Party member

latest APK not working with lovegame folder

Post by alberto_lara »

I installed the love app from the Play Store (11.3a) and it's been working ok with what I have in /sdcard/lovegame (I've been using adb to transfer files). I uninstalled that one and installed the latest one from here (11.4). Now I just get the no game screen.
GVovkiv
Party member

Re: latest APK not working with lovegame folder

Post by GVovkiv »

Are you sure that you give proper permissions to love?
alberto_lara
Party member

Post by alberto_lara »

I'm not being asked to give any permission when opening the app, and I also don't see any options to allow for permissions, maybe I'm missing something?
GVovkiv
Party member

Post by GVovkiv »

alberto_lara wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:38 pm I'm not being asked to give any permission when opening the app, and I also don't see any options to allow for permissions, maybe I'm missing something?
I think that in newer android versions (starting from 11 i think) you cannot access sd card with program unless you give permission to read/write on sdcard and (i think, i'm not android developer) since love doesn't specified that it wants sd card, you cannot give it to program...
Try to run .love file from file manager, i think it should work. Also try contact slime on github, maybe he can help with it more then i am
alberto_lara
Party member

Post by alberto_lara »

Thanks, I'll get back to this.
slime
Solid Snayke

Post by slime »

GVovkiv wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:47 pm try contact slime on github, [...]
I'm a lady, not a dude. :)

But the person to contact would be AuahDark rather than me anyway (or visit the LÖVE Discord server) - I don't know a lot about Android phones or Android development.
alberto_lara
Party member

Post by alberto_lara »

Thanks for the info!
GVovkiv
Party member

Post by GVovkiv »

slime wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:13 pm I'm a lady, not a dude. :)
Yeah?
Welp, sorry, english is not something that i know enough, to understand how to determine pronounces. I always assumed that you is "he", but... yeah
(And considering that your github mention that your name is Sasha (which even in ukraine that often used as for males and even for females name, i confused 2x time more)
slime
Solid Snayke

Post by slime »

Yeah, I don't expect people to make the right assumptions all the time. But now you know for the future. :)

In English, when you aren't sure of someone's gender or pronouns it's usually good to use they/them pronouns instead of masculine or feminine gendered ones. For example 'Also try contact slime on github, maybe they can help with it more then i am'.

My own pronouns are she/her and they/them, so it's cool if either of those are used when referring to me.
elwizard
Prole

Post by elwizard »

Hi everyone!
I've got the same problem. With the Play Store APK worked ok (11.3b) but when I installed the 11.4 version i cannot make it run properly (no game splash screen). With .love works ok but it is a hard work creating .love files on every little change for testing (I'm newbee and I'm trying to learn Löve and LUA).
I have checked my perms but nothing to change, as Alberto_Lara wrote. Any suggestions?
BTW: Why /sdcard/lovegame folder (it doesn't exist or I cannot find it on Android) instead of /storage/emulated/0/lovegame that it is in all Android versions?
Sorry for my English, I'm from Spain.
Thank you in advance.