Erös Alpha Version 0.0.2.1

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
crow
Party member

Re: L Builder Design View

Post by crow »

I have been in to computers all my left since I was 6 never known them to be called that before but just shows you we can lean something new everyday lol thanks for the little lesson lol.

Munbies is taken from the name Lua or moon since Löve is scripting with lua I thought a more lua name could also be in the running
for the programs name :)

I have gone and done something bloody stupid I was testing a plugin for the windows wrapper I use and replaced another one forgetting that my Love Editor
was using that one given plugin so now I have to fix that I thought I did but seems it keeps showing me the new Scintilla what does not really work with
my setup so back to trying to find the old one lol

So I have to sort that out, wont take long just have to re-download it I don't think will have made any code changed I hope not, its not like I go around with
code in my head all the time lol
Sir Kittenface
Möko IDE Codename (Erös) Returns Soon

I am dyslexic so if any of my replys confusing please just ask me to reword it as this will make things a lot easier for all parties lol.
flynsk
Prole

Post by flynsk »

crow wrote:Munbies is taken from the name Lua or moon since Löve is scripting with lua I thought a more lua name could also be in the running
That's a nice thought, but IMO it doesn't say what it does as much as the other names.
Maybe your next project could make a good munbie though :)
crow wrote:I have gone and done something bloody stupid...
Yow! Good luck with that! Hopefully it won't set you back too much.
crow
Party member

Post by crow »

flynsk wrote:
crow wrote:Munbies is taken from the name Lua or moon since Löve is scripting with lua I thought a more lua name could also be in the running
That's a nice thought, but IMO it doesn't say what it does as much as the other names.
Maybe your next project could make a good munbie though :)
crow wrote:I have gone and done something bloody stupid...
Yow! Good luck with that! Hopefully it won't set you back too much.
Are I move back to my desktop only problem with the desktop is that its a frozen system all changes are not saved lol and when I program I get lazy place files
where ever lol where the desktop I have to make sure I save them to the none frozen drive.

Well right now the name is not that important and hopefully a few more people will reply on the name see what they think before make any changes to the name :neko:
Sir Kittenface

I am dyslexic so if any of my replys confusing please just ask me to reword it as this will make things a lot easier for all parties lol.
crow
Party member

Post by crow »

UPDATE:

Just before I head off for the night/morning I thought I would post what I have got so far.
the tree node on the left of the image in the other posts from version 0.0.0.2 set the view
of how it was going to work, in version 0.0.0.3 I was able to get it to read the xml file or .heart file
the given file name for the project files and set the author, version and program name.

Now in version 0.0.0.4 after braking it my self by messing with something that was not even linked
with the project but the IDE I was making it I have now fixed the problem and I have all the modules
and screen settings getting pulled from the xml file the screen settings also now edit the xml file soon
as you change the settings in the IDE, I started the module list also but its getting late so I stoped for
tonight 8 more triggers to add for the 8 functions left.

I have missed out editing version number and author name right now will add this when its more stable.
once I have these 8 triggers done I will then work on building the config file and saving changes back to
the main.lua file and then the building the .love file, the love file will be the easy part lol.

Soon as I done this and I fix a few things I will release the first alpha please note that this will have the
AMS logo on close as I am making this in there PE version or free version so this little logo as to be shown
but the final version I hope to have a friend compile it for me and for him doing this he will also be in the
credits as a thanks so if you see a closing boot logo saying Autoplay Media Studios don't be scared lol.

The alpha will not have the NEW UI I am plain to do as this is going to be something that can wait till
later.

Also the names so far are:
NÜVE- flynsk said this one so I guess this is one vote for this lol
LBüild
Nööble
Löve Bricks
Munbie

Other maybes:
Venus or Venüs
Aphrodite or Aphrödite
Cupid or Cüpid
Eros or Erös

Anyone can post there ideas for functions and names I will give them all good look in to and the best name will be given to the app so
what better thing could you see then that lol.
Sir Kittenface

flynsk
Prole

Post by flynsk »

I'm liking Nööble and Erös a lot. Maybe Erös more, because it's 4 letters like Löve. Plus eros can precede love, in many cases :)

It sounds like you're making a lot of progress!
Give yourself a reward this weekend :)

Edit: oh, i have a question for you. Are you planning on supporting Anal and LoveUI, Tilebuilder etc?
That could make it super noob friendly.
crow
Party member

Post by crow »

flynsk wrote:I'm liking Nööble and Erös a lot. Maybe Erös more, because it's 4 letters like Löve. Plus eros can precede love, in many cases :)

It sounds like you're making a lot of progress!
Give yourself a reward this weekend :)

Edit: oh, i have a question for you. Are you planning on supporting Anal and LoveUI, Tilebuilder etc?
That could make it super noob friendly.
Who made these? cos I am only going to support löve supported and controlled project as this will mean we know that there will be how 2's wikis and
support for them for some time to come.

Once I have a working alpha out I will play around with other systems to see what i can support and can't support.

The name Erös name comes from the male god of sexual love aka Cupid the son of Venus aha Aphrodites
Sir Kittenface

crow
Party member

Post by crow »

Help - Update:

I have read the wiki a theme times and it says I can run it from a folder but it rather have me make it a .lova(zip) how would I do this? as I
don't want to zip up every time the user wants to test a change any ideas guys?
Sir Kittenface

nevon
Commander of the Circuloids

Post by nevon »

crow wrote:I have read the wiki a theme times and it says I can run it from a folder but it rather have me make it a .lova(zip) how would I do this? as I
Why make it hard on yourself? Why not just have the application create a project folder (or use one that the user created), run love with that folder as an argument, and then have the option to export to a zip file?
crow
Party member

Post by crow »

nevon wrote:
crow wrote:I have read the wiki a theme times and it says I can run it from a folder but it rather have me make it a .lova(zip) how would I do this? as I
Why make it hard on yourself? Why not just have the application create a project folder (or use one that the user created), run love with that folder as an argument, and then have the option to export to a zip file?
HUH I am sure that is what i said ..... I want to run the app from the project folder I don't want to keep making a .love file so telling me what I asked for is confusing lol how do I pass the info to love as a folder and not a .love lol

the first few posts do show the project folder what i want to do on test is build the config file and then run the app from that folder how do I do it?
Sir Kittenface

flynsk
Prole

Post by flynsk »

you can just drag the whole folder onto the love.exe, as long as the main.lua is in in the top of that folder.