LÖVE Mounter

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
Robin
The Omniscient

LÖVE Mounter

Post by Robin »

For those of us on Ubuntu (or related) I present: LÖVE Mounter!

It is a small application that mounts a .love in a temporary directory, allowing you to make changes to .loves downloaded from the forums, especially useful for the S&D forum.

Requires:
  • Python
  • GTK+
  • PyGtk
  • Gnome, for gnome-open, although you can change that bit if you want.
  • fuse-zip
None of them more than an apt-get away.

The download here includes an example .desktop file, that can make it a bit easier to use. If you want that you need to do the following:
  1. Change the "Exec" parameter to the path where you placed mounter.py.
  2. Copy/move "LÖVE Mounter.desktop" to /usr/share/applications.
  3. Rightclick a .love, select "Open with Other Application".
  4. Select LÖVE Mounter.
  5. Profit!
Attachments
love-mounter.zip
(1.07 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
Help us help you: attach a .love.
tentus
Inner party member

Re: LÖVE Mounter

Post by tentus »

So... it's like WinRAR for Ubuntu? Cool, I'll have to mention it to my Linux friends.
Kurosuke needs beta testers
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

tentus wrote:So... it's like WinRAR for Ubuntu? Cool, I'll have to mention it to my Linux friends.
Unless WinRAR can mount zip-files, no. WinRAR for Ubuntu, that would be File Roller.

LÖVE Mounter mounts zip-files, which means you can access whatever is in it as if they are in some folder, so you don't have to do the whole download->unpack->select location->edit->compress files->rename to .love->upload sequence manually. Instead, you can do download->mount->edit->unmount->upload.
TechnoCat
Inner party member

Post by TechnoCat »

Robin wrote:
tentus wrote:So... it's like WinRAR for Ubuntu? Cool, I'll have to mention it to my Linux friends.
Unless WinRAR can mount zip-files, no. WinRAR for Ubuntu, that would be File Roller.

LÖVE Mounter mounts zip-files, which means you can access whatever is in it as if they are in some folder, so you don't have to do the whole download->unpack->select location->edit->compress files->rename to .love->upload sequence manually. Instead, you can do download->mount->edit->unmount->upload.
You can edit files inside WinRAR without explicitly extracting it. Just double click a text file inside an archive, it opens up a text-editor, edit it, and save it. The archive is now modified.
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

TechnoCat wrote:You can edit files inside WinRAR without explicitly extracting it. Just double click a text file inside an archive, it opens up a text-editor, edit it, and save it. The archive is now modified.
Oh, in that case: it is a bit like WinRAR for Ubuntu.

Stupid proprietary software.
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

File-roller does that too, but it asks you whether you want to save it or not. Still, this looks easier.
tentus
Inner party member

Post by tentus »

bartbes wrote:File-roller does that too, but it asks you whether you want to save it or not. Still, this looks easier.
Yeah, WinRAR makes you confirm overwriting files when you edit them from directly inside the .zip/.love. Does anyone know a way to change that behavior, actually? I find it to be quite annoying.
Kurosuke needs beta testers