IDE for Lua and LOVE?

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
slime
Solid Snayke

Re: IDE for Lua and LOVE?

Post by slime »

tentus wrote:
kraftman wrote:things I dislike about notepad++ :
doesn't look quite as good as sublime
occasionally, for no apparent reason, it forgets all of your settings (load langs.xml failed, etc)
occasionally, for semi no apparent (seems to happen when a dialogue box is open) ctrl+ anything doesn't work.
I can't speak to your first complaint (having grown up on DOS makes everything look good), but I have never had N++ do either of the last two. I use N++ for upwards of eight hours a day, five days a week, for the past half-decade, so I'm very curious as to what you're doing to incite these behaviors, Are you sure it's not in your OS?
Considering it forgets my settings often as well on two separate installs of Windows, I'm fairly sure it's a program bug.
tentus
Inner party member

Post by tentus »

slime wrote:
tentus wrote:
doesn't look quite as good as sublime
occasionally, for no apparent reason, it forgets all of your settings (load langs.xml failed, etc)
occasionally, for semi no apparent (seems to happen when a dialogue box is open) ctrl+ anything doesn't work.
I can't speak to your first complaint (having grown up on DOS makes everything look good), but I have never had N++ do either of the last two. I use N++ for upwards of eight hours a day, five days a week, for the past half-decade, so I'm very curious as to what you're doing to incite these behaviors, Are you sure it's not in your OS?
Considering it forgets my settings often as well on two separate installs of Windows, I'm fairly sure it's a program bug.
Huh. You'd think that over 10,000 hours in the program and I would have run into that bug.

Seriously, what's different between us? I primarily use WinXP and Win7, about 6 and 2 hours a day respectively, a couple years ago I was using Vista instead of Win7. Never once have I had my settings disappear on me, my text is as small today as it was when I scaled it down in 2006.
Kurosuke needs beta testers
kraftman
Party member

Post by kraftman »

I'm on win7, I've never proven what causes the bug, but it seems to happen more often when I leave np++ open when I shut down or sleep.
Ensayia
Party member

Post by Ensayia »

I've experienced the N++ xml bug as well, although it has not happened in a long time. It seems to be completely random but at least it's a quick fix and doesn't hurt anything.
infinte
Prole

Post by infinte »

Nobody here uses vim?
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

infinte wrote:Nobody here uses vim?
I do, sometimes.
Help us help you: attach a .love.
kikito
Inner party member

Post by kikito »

infinte wrote:Nobody here uses vim?
I try to use it as my only editor. I sometimes fail - again I think it would happen less if I had an american keyboard.
When I write def I mean function.
TechnoCat
Inner party member

Post by TechnoCat »

I left notepad++ for this very reason.

Well that, and Sublime kicks ass.
bobbin
Prole

Post by bobbin »

slime wrote:I like Sublime Text 2.

I'm trying to use it but i don't know how to make Sublime Text to build a Löve project.

How did you make it work?
headchant
Party member

Post by headchant »

bobbin wrote:
I'm trying to use it but i don't know how to make Sublime Text to build a Löve project.

How did you make it work?
If you are using Sublime Text 2 on OSX, just create a new build system(Tools>Build System>New Build System...), save it as "love.sublime-build" or something then add the following json code in the file:

Code: Select all

{
	"cmd": ["/Applications/love.app/Contents/MacOS/love","."]
}
Replace "/Applications/love.app" with the location and name of your love.app.