Löve color mixer (not written with löve)

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
veethree
Inner party member

Löve color mixer (not written with löve)

Post by veethree »

NOTE: This project wasn't made with löve so i may be posting in the wrong section, This one just seemed most appropriate.

So i made this little color mixer mainly for personal use, But decided to throw it on here. Basically it's just a regular color mixer, with some special features for löve (only one right now. Might develop this further). I made it with visual basic (vb.net)

Here's what it looks like:

It works just like any other color mixer, you just move the sliders and the color in the box changes accordingly. the alpha slider doesn't have any effect on the color box in the main form, But if you click on the color box it opens an external one that is affected by the alpha value. The external color box can be closed by clicking on it.

here's what i mean by color box: (to avoid any confusion)

And that special feature i spoke of is the generate setColor button, It generates a love.graphics.setColor line with the color you have set up in the mixer, and automatically places it in your clipboard.

I hope it's okay that i posted this here even though it's not made with löve. if you find some bugs or have a suggestion let me know :D

Download below. I also included the source if anyone is interested. Note that the code isn't very polished, like i said, this was mainly made for personal use, so i didn't care how nasty the code was, as long as it worked. lol
Ensayia
Party member

Re: Löve color mixer (not written with löve)

Post by Ensayia »

So... this just exports a bit of love.graphics.setColor() code? No disrespect but I am thoroughly confused about the usefulness of this. Anyone serious about learning LOVE should be able to grasp setColor and RGB.
coffee
Party member

Post by coffee »

Ensayia wrote:So... this just exports a bit of love.graphics.setColor() code? No disrespect but I am thoroughly confused about the usefulness of this. Anyone serious about learning LOVE should be able to grasp setColor and RGB.
And I had same feeling sorry veethree. I know that your intentions are good but I also don't see much purpose or utility of use a Visual Basic project for do that. (and since it's Win compiled I can't even easily run/test it) But you will have my sympathy if you decide rewrite someday that in LOVE. But any even as LOVE project don't really offer anything very useful than the live color preview (for that you could use some RGB online cross-plataform color generator).
zipperipper
Prole

Post by zipperipper »

I feel this kind of thing would be most useful as an add-on for Notepad++, placing the love.graphics.setColor(r,g,b) at the text cursor's location
Error 404, consciousness not found.
veethree
Inner party member

Post by veethree »

The whole setColor thing is indeed quite useless, I don't even use that myself too much. The main purpose of this was to have a simple way of finding the exact color i need. Besides, i was bored :P managed to kill some time writing this.
MarekkPie
Inner party member

Post by MarekkPie »

If you could give this a color palette functionality, with the ability to export that palette into a .lua file, then it would have definite time-saving uses. But, right now, I'd have to agree with the others.